web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#642022 01/23/22 05:44 PM
OP Offline
Have a system I'm setting up for a small business client. (2) CO's, (6) Extensions. I'm no pro with the Intramail portion which is where I'm having the issue. I have 801 setup for Daytime greeting and 802 for nightime greeting. In both greetings, caller is instructed they may enter the extension number at any time (which is a 3-digits obviously). I have no problem with single digit prompts like "press 9 to leave a message in general mailbox" or "Press 5 for customer service" BUT... if caller tries to enter 302, the system doesn't seem to understand 3 digits and either says invalid entry or just rings at 301.
How can I get it to reliably "listen" to all 3 digits and then try ringing that extension?

The other issues is on nightime greeting, say a caller leaves a message in operators mailbox and presses "#" to here options like review or re-record their message, it prompts them to hit "#" again if they are satisfied with message. As soon as they hit "#", it goes to play the 801 greeting which is the daytime greeting! Not sure why it would do that, but if they are happy with their message, I'd rather it just drop the call.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In dial action tables confirm how digit 3 definitions are set. It should be unscreened transfer UTRF IXXX

2nd issue: Under station config for IntraMail Look for dialing option in program 2144, if this is checked, unchecked and test.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Thanks for the Reply 'dans'. So that fixed issue #2, But as far as the first issue, it still persists. Currently 801 & 802 greetings use Dial Action Table 1. For Digit '3', it had UTRF XXX, so I changed it to UTRF IXXX and applied/uploaded change. I called in and during 801 greeting, I typed '303'. It paused in silence for a few seconds, then came back with "That is an invalid entry" even though 303 is a valid extension. It seems like the system is not "listening" to 3-digits being entered so maybe it just hears the first digit '3' and nothing else so 3 alone would not be a valid extension obviously. As a work around, I could do a company directory greeting in say 806 and have it say, "To reach Mary, press 2, To reach John, press 3, to reach Scott press 4" and so on, but I'd rather it work with the three digit extension.
Any other ideas?

What about the other extensions 301-306?
Have you tried calling in on each line?
For testing purposes DIL one of the lines to 303, see if it forwards to voicemail
If you dial 303 from another extension what happens, see what happens by letting it call forward no answer to voicemail.
Was this system purchased 2nd hand, if so, was system programming set back to default?
It's possible the DTMF receivers are going bad, never seen this happen on any model of NEC systems.

OP Offline
So I tried again yesterday and was playinig with 3301 & 3302 in DID settings to see if that would make a difference, in 3302 Entry 1, I put: 3, 3**, 3**, name blank, Use Line. It worked one time when calling in and rang 303, but not consitantly. It always wants to call 301 when entering 302, 303, 304, etc. OR it will just say, "Invalid Entry".
When intercom calling 303 from another extension, no problem. Not sure how to DIL line 1 to 303 on NEC, I'm more familiar on Panasonic. And yes, this system was purchased from another company that closed it's doors and not defaulted to factory settings. I don't think the DTMF decoder is bad as it handles single digits fine, just not 3 digits in a row.

I would duplicate dial action tables 1-10 for starters to see for some reasons the system is looking at some other table besides 1

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 143 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024