web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I was referring to the IDS 128. Somebody else has an EX-128, but it was equally daunting to work on.

Those older systems, not just Iwatsu, by the way, used 3 pairs to get an extension to work. The white-orange pair carried the actual audio, the white-blue was called the bypass pair and the white-green carried DC voltage to light the lights. Then there were the programming boards with the most DIP switches ever seen in captivity.

I do not miss these switches.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
"I do not miss these switches."

Makes two of us Brother.

[Linked Image]
I remember scrapping a lot of those cabinets!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Some customers that went from an Iwatsu Adix or ECS to hosted VoIP missed the TDM systems for various reasons. Mainly due to the inherent audio delay in hosted VoIP. Then there was the cost, many of the PBXs were bought and paid for years ago, They only called for moves/changes and the occasional service call.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
It's mostly the over 40 crowd that has a tough time adapting to the changes. They're all used to Line Appearances and have a tough time wrapping their heads around PARK keys. And as you say, going from bought -and-paid for to monthly seat charges creates some sticker shock as well.

Don't even get me started with overhead paging. It''s easier, albeit waaaay expensive to do now, but was almost impossible to make happen when Hosted first came around

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Admin
Admin
Yep I remember the early days of hosting. Customer had two phones on their desk in a lot of locations for paging and other features that they were used to.

[Linked Image]
I'd sometimes put a basic IP phone as with a DSS labeled PAGE. If we were fortunate, the phone would have a headset jack, and setting to allow it to auto-answer. The headset cable was connected to the page amp input. Worse case, I'd solder leads to the speaker terminals and have the phone in a page group.

Did the soldering many times on an Iwatsu systems using a Versa or the other similar one (MKT?). For an VoIP system, using a basic IP phone can be cheaper than an adapter of some sort.

I thought it was great how the Iwatsu systems had relay closures for whatever. We configured the keys on the phones for door openers, and other applications. One to trigger an alarm in that Icon system - forgot the name, (Signals?)...it would send an email alert and call the local emergency dispatch center. We'd label them red, but that didn't always prevent false alarms. That includes by me when changing a faceplate.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
We used to tell customers that an Iwatsu ADIX/ECS would do everything but make coffee. If that was a deal-breaker, we could program a relay button to start the coffee maker...

1 member likes this: Keyset6
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024