web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#643971 12/21/22 11:10 PM
rickcci Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks,new here,

I am using NetworkeManagerV5.20BW10

I have recently taken over a number of accounts from someone that has retired. I have got eManager installed but I am getting the following error When I try to log in:

Can not connect to database.
Cannot open database "eManager2007" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'sa'.

I have reinstalled so many times and scoured these forums and other resources to find a solution. I have also tried to install SQL2012 on its own and I get a different error:

The login failed. Login failed for user 'sa'

From what I have found it looks like it might be an SQL install error. I have gone through the config file in the installer and removed the quick install without user interaction to follow the install and see if I can find any blatant errors but that also came up with nothing. I have got through the SMNP and WMI SMNP installs that are needed.

I do not have MSXML Parser 6.0 installed that is known to cause issues, "named by one of the gentlemen on this site".

I have also completely disabled windows firewall in case that was causing a connection issue. (fight with that later)

If anyone can shed any light on this please let me know as I need to be able to connect to these systems to program.

Thanks,
Rick

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Hi Rick! Always nice to see a fellow Canuck on here :-)

When you ran the installation did you "Run as Administrator"? Same for actually launching the software? I'm just thinking that eManager may have been blocked from logging in as sa (the default SQL admin user) if it didn't have admin privileges...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
rickcci Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Toner! Thanks for the quick response!

I did not specifically run it as administrator. I ran it from the admin account. And it didn't show any errors. I'll uninstall and try to reinstall with run as an administrator.

Are you following the PDF instructions for the Window 10 installation? The PDF has line by line instructions which include the SQL installation. When you run into problems it is best to completely uninstall SQL and remove the directly. Sometimes I get this installed on the first shot, and other times it took hours.

rickcci Offline OP
OP Offline
The installation package I have auto installs SQL with the settings it is supposed to have. It does not come up with the options that you see in the PDF. I just tried running the LAUNCH.EXE as Administrator and it didn't do anything different.

rickcci Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks,

Sorry for the long post:

So I have beat my head against the desk for this one. I have done some research from trying to find out what is causing the error. In the beginning I never looked further into MSXML 6.0 Parser because didn't see it in the add remove programs. After many failures I decided to look further into what it was as I had a feeling it was possibly the missing problem. I am using Windows 10 build 22H2 which is the latest build. It looks like in one of the updates to Windows 10 they have ingrained it into windows via a security patch and it can't be uninstalled.

I have tried disabling it through doing the following:

Giving myself admin access and making changes to the following folders that are normally locked by windows TrustedInstaller profile.

cd C:\Windows\System32 && regsvr32.exe /u /s msxml6.dll && ren msxml6.dll msxml4.save && ren msxml6r.dll msxml6r.save
cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64 && regsvr32.exe /u /s msxml6.dll && ren msxml6.dll msxml4.save && ren msxml6r.dll msxml6r.save

These commands unregister the DLL files then renames them. This should disable MSXML 6.0 but I'm still left with the same installation issue. Also, disabling MSXML 6.0 caused other issues as it disables the services.msc and also causes issues with office 365 programs.

Also, it is my understanding via https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/p...eplaced-msxml-security-update---ms02-008 that MSXML 6.0 Parser is included as part of the installation package of the following products:

Live Communications Server 6.0 - > Don't Have
Application Compatibility Toolkit 6.0 - > Don't Have
URGE 6.0 - > Don't Have
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 6.0 - > Have (could uninstall but will break other software)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 6.0 - > Have (could uninstall but will break other software)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 6.0 - > Reinstalled 100 times
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 6.0 - > Don't Have
Student/Encarta 2007 6.0 - > Don't Have
Zune software version 1.0 6.0 - > Don't Have
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 6.0 - > Have (could uninstall but will break other software)

I don't feel uninstalling the above software would uninstall MSXML 6.0 as they would just not work correctly without the dependency and Microsoft recommends to not uninstall it.

I feel that since MSXML 6.0 Parser is possibly the issue here but I thought by unregegistering the DLL's and renaming them I would have disabled it and would be able to reinstall. I am at a loss here unless anyone has any ideas.

I am starting to doubt anyone has this installed on Windows 10 build 22H2 or are possibly not applying security patches.

I might be able to VM a windows XP Machine but this would be not ideal as it would be using 10 - 20 gigs of HD for Toshiba software. shocked

Also what was the latest version of Toshiba software for Windows XP NetworkeManagerV5.20B26.exe?

Most of all I appreciate the time and effort folks have given to help me thus far. Thank you!

Rick

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024