Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
I have a possible new client with a Meridian 1 PBX by Northern Telecom installed.

I know the hardware side, but I have minimal experience on the software/programming side.

Can anyone provide resources that I can use to get up to speed?


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 12
Admin
*****
Offline
Admin
*****
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 12
Boy, it's been quite a while since working on an M1 and unfortunately, I've never seen a good cheat sheet for the commonly used commands (although they must exist). 95% of what I learned was either shown to me or discovered by trial and error, the other 5% was pouring through the cumbersome manuals.

Once you're logged in most of what you do happens in ld 21 if I remember correctly. Print or CHG TNB, DNB etc.

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,023
Likes: 1
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,023
Likes: 1
ghtrout.com or pbxbook.com

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Thanks.

ghtrout.com only goes to a temp page.

I found pbxbook.com, but thanks for mentioning it


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Thanks for the tips.

I figured it would end up being a figure-it-out type of issue. I did discover that things like the Attendant PC software have been completely shut down unless you have it already registered.


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,940
Likes: 2
Member
*****
Offline
Member
*****
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,940
Likes: 2
This link is one of many available pages of difficult-to-find manuals. It doesn't use http, so just skip past that warning. Scroll about halfway down the page for Meridian 1 ACD, installation, maintenance and blah blah blah. It covers Meridian 1X11 and Meridian Max too. I have been known to support MICS and CICS but am nowhere near what I would call a Nortel guy, so I hope this is what you're looking for.

Last edited by dagwoodsystems; 12/29/22 12:59 PM.

"Carry others as you climb" -- Tim Alberstein
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 45
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 45
SomerTel has some resources you might find useful.

- Meridian

- Guides (scroll to Meridian 1 section)

Try ghtrout.net. The .com link hasn't worked for a bit.

Last edited by dukane123; 12/29/22 07:15 PM. Reason: Added info
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Thank you


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 519
Likes: 1
Thank you


Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,123
Likes: 13
Admin
*****
Offline
Admin
*****
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,123
Likes: 13
After X11 rls. 10 they had flexible LD programming. Most programming such as DNB, TNB, etc was usually accomplished through LD20. LD21 was RDB, CDB, LTM, etc.

Find out which model Meridian would be the first step. Each system has a minimum of 23 manuals. Most maintenance would be for single line sets, digital sets, and trunks. ACD would be a whole new ball of worms. Find out first if the ADMIN password is available.There is PSWD1 and PSWD2. PWSD2 is required to change the PSWD1 access.

Installed and maintained 100s of these sysems. Will see if I can find a current link for manuals support.


[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel, NTlayoff 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,820
Posts636,739
Members49,643
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Airdale, AnnetteLee, AnnettesDayIsUg, bigboy, Blackline, boomj, db Communications, gwh, samcorcione9111, Victor D.
Newest Members
julesm, Helen.D, AlAl, mike hurford, Nigel S
49,642 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
pvj 12
ramo 11
Toner 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, hbiss), 68 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5