Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi all,
A little while ago I had a problem with an OfficeServ 7100. Long story short, voicemail had white noise for both the caller and the person trying to listen to a message and the system began intermittently restarting itself. I looks like a card fault, but there's no maintenance on the system and I have limited knowledge of these things so I picked up a pre-used 7200 off ebay for very little money as a way of buying time to get budget together for a replacement longer-term solution.

I've now got the 7200 up and running, but have a new issue to resolve. There's no "Resource" license on the 7200 which means no license for voicemail to work. *Everything* else is working as expected, it's just the voicemail that we need running. So I have two questions:

1) is there any way at all to move the Resource license from the 7100 to the 7200? I tried just dropping the license key over and got an error about MAC address mismatch, so I guess the key is generated based on the hardware address of a card in the system.

2) Is there any way to generate a key for this?

We have no maintenance and no relationship with Samsung at this point, and this system is for a small charity, so whatever the solution it needs to be as cheap as humanly possible. Ideally if I'm paying someone to provide a key it needs to be UK-based as any payment will need to be GBP only (and did I mention as cheap as possible? 😁)

Can anyone point me off in the right direction for this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 7200 does not have native voicemail. It needs an SVMI20e or SVMI20i card.
The 7200s has onboard voicemail like the 7100 though.

I've had that similar issue with the 7100 mp10 processors where replacing the power supply fixed it. With the 7100 though, sometimes a reboot clears the problem for a bit, but it will return.

https://www.tsrc.com/ is the best at repairing Samsung equipment. They've worked their magic on a few MP10a for me.

-B

OP Offline
The necessary SVMI card is there, but the license section is empty (reads "No License Key"). When I pasted the key in from the 7100 it said "MAC Address Mismatch". Also, if you try to dial voicemail from a handset the handset reports "No license".

TSRC.com are not UK-based, unfortunately, so no good to me.

A reboot never fixed the issue on the 7100 - I might see if I can find a replacement PSU cheaply and fit it. Ideally I'd like a solution to the license problem though!

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
There is where the UK and maybe other markets differ than here in North America. Here the 7100 has 4 port voicemail embedded no license required.UK I have heard it is a license.
The 7200 here we install a voicemail card and again no license required. 7200S as mentioned has embedded 4 port voicemail again with no license required.

Yes the license is generated from the mac address of the card so it won't carry over.Not sure if Samsung is still generating licenses over there or not.
Maybe a UK based forum member has more information.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Sound like you have a svmi20i with no licenses.
Can you let us know what the name off all the cards in the 7200 are?
There is a label on the bottom right hand side at the front in either black or bold blue writing.
Depending on the cards you may be able to-do a firmware upgrade and get your licenses.

OP Offline
I'll take a look tomorrow - the system is installed at the charity and I'm at home for the night now - and let you guys know then.

Thanks for the responses so far - this is all an education for me!

OP Offline
OK, so here's amusing: I checked the system again today and the SVMI20E card that's installed is missing one HDD! It's just not there. I guess the previous system owner removed it as a data protection/destruction measure when decommissioning the system, but either way it's not on the card.
I found a replacement card on eBay for less than the cost of a drive, so that should be with me at the end of the week at which point I shall report back if the new card with HDD resolves my problem... Hopefully the missing disk rather than the absence of a license is the problem.

pvj Offline
Your previous post was for a 7200s is this a different system/client?

OP Offline
OK, so more digging and confusion.
I have a 7200 chassis with the following cards:
MP20S
16DLI2
UNI
SVMI-20E (recently replaced because the previous card had no HDD)

I can connect to and administer both the main chassis and the SVMI-20E card, although the later only on a serial cable. Despite setting an IP address in the setting.cfg file I can't seem to get to a web page for this.

The Device Manager config reports "no license" under the resource license and further research on my part seems to indicate that the MP20S has integrated voicemail. - can someone confirm a yes/no on this?
The SVMI-20E doesn't seem to be recognised by the chassis - under 2.2.0 Cabinet Information the card is not listed in the place where I know it to be installed. Is this because the MP20S card has integrated voicemail and has spotted a conflict so ignores the card?

Is there any way to disable the integrated voicemail (assuming it's there) on the MP20S and make it recognise the SVMI card? Are the two compatible at all, or have I been sold a (cheap) dud here? Licensing is seemingly problematic for these systems now since Samsung no longer support them...

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The svmi20 is not compatible with the MP20s
There is no way to use it
You'll need to upgrade the firmware of the mp20s to 5.03 to get the perpetual trial license.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 139 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024