web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hopefully there's still someone checking this sub-forum every once in a while who may have some insight into this. I've got an IDS 108 installed in my museum of PBXs, pieced together from parts found at work (I work for a former long time Executone dealer) and have it working the way I like however I'm running into an odd issue that I've exhausted my troubleshooting steps in trying to solve. ACPU is running Eclipse 3.0, InfoStar EVX running 7.5. PRI card installed and connected to my PBX museum network with calls working in/out.

The issue is the system resets itself at fairly frequent but random intervals. Anywhere between an hour to 6 hours. Active calls drop, the keys blink on the phones for about half a second and the EVX card reboots shortly after. I've tried a process of elimination to see if it's one particular card causing the issue, starting with running the system without the voicemail and so far I haven't been able to find a culprit. These systems came long before my time so I'm unsure if there's any sort of diagnostics or logging in the ACPU that may help find the cause.

Here's a photo of the system installed in case anyone is feeling nostalgic: https://i.imgur.com/5OvCMpz.jpg

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Power supply?

Admin
Admin
Didn't the IDS series have a crash log visible by using the console mode? Been a long while since I was around one so I may be confusing it with another model line.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I think I may have come up with something, but it's going to take a while to see if it had the intended effect. The manuals describe a flag in the S/W Diagnostics (N menu from the Ctrl-C menu) that when set to Y disables the system resetting every 3 hours when it's idle. I have changed this to Y, and the system held a call up for nearly 12 hours before releasing it but rather than being released due to a system reset, it looks like it was intentionally released by the call processing software.

My testing method has been to leave a phone off hook on a call with a DN on my network that plays streaming radio. When the system would hard reset, the display would get stuck at "Executone Info" until placed back on hook. Since I changed the flag in the S/W DIagnostics menu, it held the call for many hours and when I found the call released the display had the current time, the words **Line Released** and a reorder tone in the handset. This seems like the call was intentionally disconnected due to a time limit or something.

1 member likes this: nonameyet
pvj Offline
I think you are right.Good to hear.The old Executone/Isoetec systems were built like tanks.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
[Linked Image]did somebody say IDS !!!? Wow, Good Times.

I looked thru all my Cheat sheet note book and didn't see anything. ( sorry )

Maybe ...your CPU battery's are getting low? just a stab in the dark.
All that's left of my old 108 is this:

Attached Images
backplane.jpg

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 117 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024