web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
stwtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,
We have a CIX670 with Stratagy ES Voicemail with Fax capabilities. I need to know how to turn off the fax notification to voicemail. I have a client that gets a few junk faxes and it annoys him that his message light is blinking for a fax. He wants his message light to only blink when he has a voice message. Can this be done? If so please tell me how. Thanks in advance,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is this auto-detecting fax tones in his voicemail? I don't think that I have ever setup a Stratagy like that. Generally, I use a separate phone number for faxes to a separate voicemail box.

You can still use set faxes to go to a different voicemail box. You can have the faxes get emailed and then deleted from the voicemail box. Are voicemail messages getting sent by email also? Typically I will set the Stratagy to delete on send unless the user specifically wants to delete them in 2 places.

stwtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much for your response! I did exactly as you said with the different mail box and it worked like a charm just upset I didn't think of it. lol

Good to hear. I guess I didn't consider if you had enough UM licenses for 2 voicemail boxes, but we probably could have come up with a workaround if that was the case.
At least voicemail boxes are not licensed in the Stratagy, as they are in the IPEdge.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 114 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024