web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
our reception desk ext. 3000 is a member of HG 2000 and 2001 (day ring 1 and 2.) in our star app. #20 rings app 2512 (to 3000) digit translation empty except for timeout to ext. 3000. we use the attendant console. the issue is that if she goes to lunch and forwards the phones to another extension (fwd all) the other extension will only see incoming calls flashing on ext 3000 if they are on the phone. they cannot pickup and answer until the second call hits the huntgroup. is there a better way to set this up so that i can have other as back up recceptionist. btw the other stations are members of their own HG also. i tried making the star app ring HG2000 in the 2512 app and adding the other 2 extensions to the HG 2000 and HG 2001. then having them perform Infinity 359 to add or remove themselves from the HG but that also takes them out of their respectiove HG's.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

They should be able to do a pick-up of the hunt group polot number.

Do you have an ACD license? It would be better to agents log in and out of an ACD hunt group.

OP Offline
yes i have the ACD Hunt Group license. what is a p/u of the hunt group number?

thanks,
Mike

Seeing that you have the ACD license, I’d completely reprogram this from scratch.

What is the purpose of having two day ring hunt groups but having operator calls ring directly to the operator extension?

I would create an operator ACD hunt group, and include any stations that might be needed as a backup receptionist. When the receptionist goes to lunch, or is out sick or on vacation, log her out of the ACD and log the other station(s) in.

Manual forwarding of a station is a horrible procedure, as any system forwarding and call routing that is in place will no longer work.

OP Offline
thanks for the suggestion. that is basically what i tried the other day, i changed the ring in from 3000 to HG 2000 Day 1. it would not ring the receptionist untill it had gone thru the extra 4 rings to the HG. also 2 of the people that it would ring into as backup's are also in their own hunt groups HG2000 (Day 1 ext. 3000), HG2001 (Day 2 ext. 3000), HG 2002 (Service ext. 3004) and HG 2003 (Supplies ext. 3008) it seemed like each time they would do the infinity 359 it would remove them from their individual HG for Service or Supplies also. is there a way to add or remove your self from a spicific HG?

thanks i appreciate your help,
Mike

OP Offline
DND as to the first part of your question. they would like the incoming calls to ring the receptionist and if she is busy after 4 rings, roll to HG2000 after 4 rings, then again to HG 2000 after 4 rings to HG2001 and it continues to ring that HG. So the STAR app's first applicaton should have not 3000 as digit translation but another HG that would ring that station. am i getting this correct. this was origionally programed by our vendor and has never really worked correctly. we currently have 7 of these systems and i am doing most of the programing for them.
thanks for your help,
Mike

Well, there’s a few ways to do this, each with advantages and disadvantages.

If the absolute requirement is to keep the calls at ext. 3000 for 4 rings before routing to other stations, you could do that with forwarding paths. Sounds like that’s what you’re doing now. Ring No Answer and DND could forward calls to an ACD hunt group.

The advantage is calls can be forwarded to the hunt group right away by putting the reception phone into DND. Disadvantages include callers will always wait the 4 rings, no matter how busy the receptionist is. Also, if the receptionist becomes available on the 5th ring, the call is already gone.

Another option is route the calls directly to an ACD hunt group. The receptionist is the first member; the remaining members are put into an extension list. Calls are first presented to the receptionist. If she is busy or logged out, calls advance to the extension list (if agents are logged in). Include the reception phone in the extension list and calls will continue to ring at her phone as well. Make the extension list a member of the hunt group several times, or calls will ring only back at the reception phone when the No Advance Timer expires.

The advantages are calls will remain in queue in the order received, they will continue to ring at the reception phone if she becomes available, and if she logs out for lunch calls will immediately go to her back-up people. Disadvantage is calls will immediately be presented to any other phones logged in if the receptionist is busy.

Third option is to use two ACD hunt groups. First ACD has only the receptionist a member. It recalls to another ACD with everyone (including the receptionist) in an extension list. Give this hunt group a higher priority so calls waiting longer will be presented first.

Advantages are that calls will meet your requirement of staying with just the receptionist until the recall timer expires (remember to adjust the timer!) before ringing the other stations, and calls will be presented to the receptionist once she becomes available.

Disadvantage is that calls won’t route to other stations if the receptionist is logged out until the recall timer expires.

There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to call routing, but I gave you a few things to consider.

OP Offline
DND thanks for the detailed response. i will speak with the local managers and see what their preference is.

thanks again,
Mike

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024