web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66863 11/08/11 11:01 AM
zing116 Offline OP
OP Offline
We had A power outage and when the power came back on only one phone(X100) is ringing in. We have four more phones which would all ring and could be answered before.We have 3 lines on the system which can all be used to call out.The back-up battery was low so I think we lost the programming linking the phones. I downloaded an adminstor's manual but still don't know if the other four phones were extensions of the first phone or in a hunt group. I can't figure out from the manual how to reprogram the system for either.
The system is old and the company which originally installed it is gone. I have been able to program some features from the manual (Time and Date) and (Trunk group for stations but don't really understand that) so I think there is no hardware damage. I need to get all my phones back on the same page so they all ring and can be answered by whichever phone is picked up.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#66864 11/08/11 01:43 PM
First welcome to the board, I know we have a lot of folks here that can and will help you out. Please let us know what the system is you are dealing with. Any info on the phone types might help as well
Thanks
Randy

#66865 11/09/11 09:39 AM
zing116 Offline OP
OP Offline
I believe it's an Axxess system and the phones are standards with the two-line display. I don't see any numbers on the phones and just serial #'s on the computer box.The manual part # was 5400.

#66866 11/09/11 11:03 AM
The older Axxess systems used a rechargeable battery to backup the database. After a period of (usually) a couple years the battery would fail and loss of power would cause the system to lose it's database. It sounds like this is what happened to you. I would suggest a call to the local Mitel dealer to see if they can help you get yer system programmed the way you need and get you a replacement battery.

#66867 11/09/11 11:36 AM
zing116 Offline OP
OP Offline
We've called several people and the one who advertised Inter-tel service got here and said they didn't know how to program our system due to it's age. The rest were not familar with Inter-tel. No one said anything about Mitel I'll look but if anyone here can help with programming the extensions or hunt group I'd appreciate it.

#66868 11/09/11 03:14 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Inter-tel was taken over by Mitel several years ago.

#66869 11/09/11 04:36 PM
I'm not sure why someone advertising Inter-Tel would come tell you it's too old to work on, maybe he was just trying to sell you a new switch or hasn't been around too long. I think I have a 2.X Axxess still living.... it's a far cry from the new stuff but works fine for the customer. The biggest issue I see is figuring out what level you are at. The older stuff didn't tell you what level it was at without logging in and either connecting or giving an error telling you you were at the wrong level. I would look for anything on some paperwork or a sticker someone may have put on the CPU or cabinet.... Back in those days I usually wrote on the CPU with a sharpe the version

If you are unsuccessful getting someone to help you get your box back on line. You can look at the new Mitel 5000 HX controller it will allow you to keep the handsets you have if they are in good shape it will save you a few dollars.

If you get some info send a PM or call and I'll try to help get you back on line
Randy

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024