web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a CS-5200 with a weird voicemail\ring-in issue. They have three lines in hunt in a trunk group. If one person calls in, they are directed to the proper location listed in the Day Ring-In Type. However, if another person calls in right after the first person, they receive a specific recording, whether the day ring-in type is a STAR, specific application, hunt group or single extension. I have tried setting the day and night ring-in to a hunt group and the second caller always receives the same recording. The other odd thing is that I cannot find out where this recording is...

I've rebooted the system for S's & G's, but still the same thing.. :confused: Any ideas??

Side Note: There is another trunk group on the system with a separate hunt group from the telco vendor and is pointed to a station hunt group Don't think that will matter, but figured I would throw it in there.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
What does the greeting say? Is it apparent if it is coming from the system or not?

Duplicate the problem and when the second call is being made, try to find it on the block with a butt set. Once you have verified that it is there, trace it out and make sure it is connected to the system where you think it is supposed to. I would also double check the actual pair it is coming into the system on as those can sometimes be reversed as well.

You can also try to find the specific recording in the system by listening to them through the admin mailbox or by calling each individual CRA.

Make sure that the trunks/circuits in the CO trunk group in question are the actual ones that are physically connected.

My guess would be that a Call Forward/Busy is enabled on line 1. What happens when you dial line 2 directly?

OP Offline
I think DND ON hit it on the head. smile I guess I forgot you could actually forward trunks, themselves. I can call each of the lines individually and receive the correct greeting, but when I try to call the main number simultaneously I get the weird greeting. The greeting is from the phone system itself and unfortunately I am a state away from where the system resides. Can I fix this through programming or do I need to walk someone in the office through this over the phone?

Thanks!

This is not a phone system feature, but is on the CO line itself (before the call even arrives in the building).

You could try *73 or 73# to cancel, but Call Forward/Busy is normally programmed by the carrier. You will most likely have to contact the carrier to cancel it.

OP Offline
I guess that would explain why the 2nd call would not show in the SMDR output. I am just wondering how it's forwarding to something with a staffperson's voice on it. Wouldn't think it would be a cell phone because it comes on and says thank your for calling their company..

OP Offline
As one of the last ditch efforts I called the telco vendor and it turns out voicemail has been reactivated on their main number. Once the voicemail was removed and hunting fixed all worked as it should. :toast:

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024