web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I am 15 and my dad works at a telecom company. He is a lawyer. I have never been into anything in the legal system.
However, I am totally into telecommunications and I have done several jobs with techs at his office (cabling, Iwatsu ADIX installs and moves). He does not know a lot about technology, I do. I have a complete voice and data MDF setup in my basement, all the tools (except a butt set), and tons of cable, jacks, etc etc. I have done work for a couple classmates at school too.

[This message has been edited by jeffmoss26 (edited January 02, 2003).]

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is more money to be made in the legal business..........become a lawyer, learn law, its an interesting thing.

The telecom industry hopefully will recover in 2003, but I still think the conflict between our needs for wireless,land lines and high speed lines are gonna keep the industry at bay for awhile.

Actually you ought to become a telecom lawyer, cause this industry needs some serious regulations in place....

There are some parts of law I am interested in, like business law and I have helped my dad when he had to write specs for a job.
I too hope that this industry changes for the better. So many companies are calling it quits. We are lucky that the company my dad works for has been around for over 50 years, is still owned bu the original family, and has a great reputation.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
Hey Jeff, that's great about all the telcom knowledge and skill you have at an early age. I wish I had had the skills like that at your age, all I did was waste time playing video games! Never stop learning

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Jeff, for a change I agree with Mitch. Become a lawyer and forget about the telephone business. You will retire alot earlier in life.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
i knew i shouldnt have posted about my dad being a lawyer, just kidding... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
JJ Offline
Jeff,

Listen to the words of experience, the others in this forum can help you.

Do not limit yourself to just Telecommunications. I have been a Communications Technician for 17 years and am looking at changing careers. The Telecommunications industry was a viverent industry, but it is in a slump. You need to have something to fall back on. Look into Engineering, there are some schools that offer Telecommunication Engineering degrees. Just do not limit yourself and Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited January 03, 2003).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Z-MAN, for once you agree with Mitch!!!!!!!!

whadda mean.......my feelings are hurt......

CORRECTION for Z-MAN, my post should have for a change I agree with Mitch!!!!!!!

im hurt........and I though all Coloradians were such pleasant people. After all I lived on Garrison St, in Lakewood for 4 years.......

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
I am 15 and my dad works at a telecom company. He is a lawyer. I have never been into anything in the legal system.
However, I am totally into telecommunications and I have done several jobs with techs at his office (cabling, Iwatsu ADIX installs and moves). He does not know a lot about technology, I do. I have a complete voice and data MDF setup in my basement, all the tools (except a butt set), and tons of cable, jacks, etc etc. I have done work for a couple classmates at school too.

[This message has been edited by jeffmoss26 (edited January 02, 2003).]
</font>
Heh, I figured I was about the only teenager on this board. I'm 16. And, as you do, I take a great interest in telecom. I installed a system in my house (Comdial Executech (hey, I was on a low budget)). I just wish I had jobs to do...Neway, to answer jimmmaaa;s question: If you look on ebay you can find a nice system. I've seen a few complete Panasonic KX-T systems and the Occasional Nortel Norstar system complete with key sets and everything for around $200. However, at that price, you can more or less foreget about voicemail. If you wanted to go even cheaper you could get an used Comdial Executech (possible even an Executech II series) system for under $100. I got my NO308 with three sets for $80. Another possibilty would be the VoiceLogic VoicePro. It sells for around $100 on ebay. It's a small 2x6 system with a very small integrated voicemail system (up to 85 boxes, and 2 hours of recording time I believe). This system also uses your existing 1 or 2 line phones (however, no voice paging is available). Anyway, just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024