web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I don't have much knowledge on phone systems but we have a partner 3.1 with partner mail vs r.5 that seems like the day and night menus are switched (Automated attendant greets calls during the day with the night greeting and vise-versa). I double checked the greetings and they are indeed programmed as 1=day and 2=night. I tried a search-- would I need to sync the time on the phone system to the voicemail system? If so, what is the procedure? If that is not the solution, anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Thats a new one on me. Are you by chance turning on the night button in the day and turnning it off at night, as far as the time sync goes that was covered in the post below this one.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
As DTMF said, you need to make sure the night button is not turned on during the day. The phone system time has nothing to do with which greeting will play at what time. The night button tells the system whether to be in night mode (play the night greeting) or to be in day mode (play the day greeting).

I thought you said that your system was down...
OP Offline
hi again (sorry for the delay on this post)

Ok, I checked and the night button is off... Didn't even know there was a night button until you all told me. So I checked it (by calling on another line) with it set to both on and off and it played the day message both times (this was at 8:00pm)???

I do remember checking the day message when I called in one time over the weekend and it did play the night menu message.

Anyway, I'm totally stumped. What time does the system switch from day to night and vise-versa? Is this at all programmable? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The system switches when you tell it to by pressing the Night button, when it is on you will see a light , press it again and the light will go off and it will be in day mode.

By your last post I assume it is answering with the Day menu all the time. Check program #507 and make sure you have Always set on the lines AA answers then it should work as I mentioned above.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 17, 2004).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You have multiple auto attendants in the R5. Is one of the attendants other than No. 1 answering? So you keep checking the recording on AA1 but AA2 or 3 or 4 is really the one the you hear when you call in?

OP Offline
Ok, here's the situation as tested at 8:00pm:

#507 on all lines (01-04)=Always
day message played with night button=on
day message played with night button=off

Guess I'll have to wait to try testing during the daytime (kind of hard when its during business hours).

TTTommy- I know there are different AAs other than AA1, but they are all set to the default greeting (checked that already). The only greeting I have heard has been either the night or day greeting we have made in AA1.

I just had a thought-- could I change the clock to a daytime hour (say 11:00am) and then test call the system to see which greeting plays? I'll try anyway and post the results after this...

OP Offline
Test results after swapping in/out system times (from 11:00am to 8:00pm and back):

CALL. SETTING = RESULT
1. pm = day msg
2. pm to am= night msg
3. am to pm= night msg
4. pm to am= day msg
5. am to pm= day msg
6. pm to am= day msg
7. am to pm= day msg

...and now I can't seem to get the night message at all any more by changing system time back/forth. Even turning on the night button will still play the day message.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here or what else I can try???

[This message has been edited by neverending (edited August 18, 2004).]

have you confirmed that you in fact have a nite button where you are toggling on /off
and not a dnd or another button that toggles
do feature oo at ext 10 and press the button to confirm

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024