web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
FYI: I had a customer with a Partner ACS 6.0 who called me up complaining of a "clicking noise". While on the phone with them I could here the noise every 2-3 seconds. We checked to see if it was only on the CO lines but found the noise between extensions as well. They tried rebooting the system and the noise was still there. Not long after, the noise was happening so often I could barely hear the auto attendent. I checked the forum and was directed to a possible processor starting to fail. When I arrived at the site, to replace the processor I noticed boxes stored in front and on TOP of the carrier. It's amazing how well the system works with AIR FLOW!!! No new processor needed, just some direction to employees on good housekeeping.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yep, the cooler the better.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">just some direction to employees on good housekeeping. </font>
That's when you charge a consultation fee. $ 60.00 an hour, one hour minimum. Mileage may vary [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Cust was complaining the the "Replace battery with power on" msg would not go away from the display @ ext #10. They replaced the batteries a couple of times, msg would not go away. Phone system is located in a HOT boiler room. I suggeted we move the system to a different, cooler room. Have not had the problem since. System was so hot you could barely touch it!

I thought you said that your system was down...
Can't tell you how many processors, VM's and even entire systems I have replaced because of high temperatures and blocked air flows. Seems you guys caught these in the nick of time. They will start doing wierd unpredictable things as you noted when the temp goes above about 90 deg in the room. If you don't take care of the heat problem right away things turn to toast real quick and replacement is the only option.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I always recommend they put the system where it's comfortable for a person year-round. No boiler rooms or attics.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Guess we are spoiled most all our systems [all manufactures]go in the network room with air conditioning.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
always take my label the carrier NOT A SHELF with a up arrow on all three sides

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I know this thread is two years old, but I am researching the same problem and running out of ideas.

Our system:
Partner ACS R7 Processor
Partner 18D Euro Phones
3910 Cordless Phone
Large voicemail card
Remote access card with backup
P6000 Music On Hold

Problem: Clicking noise on x10 and x11, sometimes on x15, both while on phone line and on an extension to extension call. usually one click, then a second click within 5 seconds, then a gap that could be several minutes. The click is similar to the sound of hanging up, and our customers sometimes think we did.

Partner ACS R7 Processor and most extensions are in an air conditioned office. Processor is wall mounted, with arrows pointing up for good circulation. Nothing is blocking air flow to the unit.

What I have tried so far that has NOT removed the click:
- Swapped Partner ACS R7 Processor with a new unit (old one is still under warranty).
- Swapped phones with non-clicking extensions.
- Ran new Cat 5 wiring to the clicking extensions.
- Sent x11 to a different part of the office, just in case an electrical device close to the original cabling was causing the clicking.
- Unplugged Music On Hold unit from processor.
- Completely disconnected Avaya 3190 cordless, unplugged base unit and charging unit, and removed batteries from handset.
- Unplugged refrigerator that sits within 2' of processor.
- Swapped UPS Battery Backup with a different unit.

Interesting twist: Took original processor home to test off-site, along with two phones. NO CLICKING. It is definitely being caused by something in this office.

Other possibilities I have not tested yet:

- Alarm system control box 3' from processor.
- Microwave oven 3' from processor, plugged in but not being used.
- A/C System, although I was just on the line and heard a click while the A/C was up and continuously running.
- Electrical circuit breaker box 4' from processor. Not sure how to test for this.
- Laser printer 6' from processor, sitting in energy saver mode most of the time.
- DSL Modem and router 8' from processor.

Any ideas you have will be sincerely appreciated, as we are getting really frustrated.

Thank you in advance.
Bart

Since it's only related to two or three extensions I would suspect wiring especially since you ruled out most everything else. And yes I know that you replaced it but it still could be subject to RFI.

Have you tried connecting x10 and 11 directly to the ACS port? That's the first thing I would do.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 85 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024