Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
His original message says the patch panel is wired 568-B, while the 6-pin jacks are USOC (cause that's the only way 6-pin jacks come).

The white/blue pair is OK in this senario, but later he states that the polarity is reversed. Either his tester is incorrect, or he can't tell Tip from Ring.

The 2nd pair of the USOC is White/Orange, but at the patch panel, that's on pins 1 and 2 of the 8-pin jack, while the 3rd pair of the USOC jack, being White/Green is sitting on pins 3 and 6 of the patch panel.

If he swaps the Orange and Green pairs at the patch panel, he's finally got 2-pair USOC working, but now his 3rd pair of the USOC (pin 1 and 6) are sitting on 1 and 2 of the patch panel. He would need to move the White/Orange conductor of the I/W to the Orange/White punchdown of the patch panel, and the Orange/White conductor to the White/Brown punchdown. That leaves the White/Brown pair to be cut off, or left un-terminated at the patch panel.

All in all, a major mistake, using different wiring schemes at either end of a "structured wiring" system.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Hire someone who will do it right!!

Buy the right jacks to match the patch panel.

I ran into this same problem a few days ago. 568b will not work. Even though on the actual phone system they have the larger plugs that will work with the RJ45 plugs, they do not terminate 568b. You will need to terminate the jacks USOC. The pinout will be below.....

3 - White/Orange
4 - Blue/White
5 - White/Blue
6 - Orange/White

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
568B will work just fine as will 568A or USOC. The kinda important thing is you have to do the same thing at both ends whatever you choose!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
i agree with upstateny
hire a professional you are wasting your own
precious time. most IT guys i know can,t afford to learn a new profession on their IT
gig The stuff they trained and hired for for tend to keep them as busy as they can stand.
m

I agree pay someone to do it right with the correct connector. you need to understand that the physical wiring may be used for voice or ethernet applications . not the way your doing it. may be this will be of a help. https://www.siemon.com/us/standards/13-25_common_outlet_configurations.asp

Pay someone- good luck

OP Offline
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread. I was forced to use some of the existing cabling that was in the building. ie the 568 patch pannel. This was an old pannel and not marked A or B. The only thing it had was the bogb color code to punch it down with. The configuration of the system went as follows. 509 to new patch cable into 568 patch pannel. From there it was cat 5e cable to new 6p6c jack. The patch pannel was the culpret and in hind site I should have been able to figure it out on my own. I just got frustrated and kept trying different things until it worked. I never did get the polarity lite in my harris butt set to go green. The problem probably was in front of the dmark as I did not have a green lite there either. I really appreciate all of the tips that were given and the amount of time that you all spent in answereing my question.

Thanks!!!

568A, 568B, USOC, the wires don't know or care what color they are painted. Keep them strait and follow code to make it easier for the next guy.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,666 Shoretel
189,590 CTX100 install
187,848 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024