web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74849 06/01/05 01:58 PM
OP Offline
Hello all and thanks in advance.

I have a customer (do his network/data etc.) that has an old partner. It is a five slot carrier with e following modules.

1 206 R 4.1
2 206e R 3.1
P R4.1
3 400e 3.1
4 EMPTY

He would like to add a 2 or 4 port voicemail, and do an AA. I see these cards on Ebay for 300.00 to 400.00.

Are there any certain rev. I need or can not use?

How difficult will the installation be? I have don't alot of work on Magix systems and some on Definty BCS.

Could someone give some basic steps to follow? which codes to use to put the call groups in and all ring the AA. although I think some of those CO should ring directly to stations. Not sure yet how he wants in once its in.

I am mostly worried about purchasing bad or incompatible hardware for the job. Please steer me in the right direction.

thanks

rich

rs
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

your ok on your partner processor 4.1 and can
run a voicemail choices would be a partner vs mail /the revisions went from 1.0 to 5.0
then went to messaging same slot more money
or you can go with an external flash mail that would take 2-4 ports on your system which
may mean you need another 2 x 6 card in slot 4
if you get a programming manual for mail it will have programming for vs mail as well as partner system /most others provide
integration notes
shouldnt be to hard to do
vs mails are hard drive items so if u can start with a new drive from rep supplier it may be a safer bet

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited June 01, 2005).]

I'm in Wilmington, Delaware if you need any equipment or tech support // my number is 302-654-2654 ext.13

OP Offline
Ken,

I did the code and got the beeps and The system is a Partner Plus 4.1 (4 beeps - 2 beeps)

I can get Partner VS mail r4 for like 350.00 or 400.00 sound about right? (ebay)
and theres a hard drive in that module? And it can go in Slot 5 or do i have to move it closer to the processor or something? This is a 2 port card. What PC card would i get to make this 4 port system? does the VM backup to the same card as the one that adds 2 more ports?

I can also get a Partner mail R3 for like 100.00 to 150.00. This is the pc based one. is this harder to setup? thanbks for your thoughts.

rich

rs
Hi Rich, Yes the Partner VS-Mail would go in slot 5 in your system. The Partner PC Voice Messaging PC card setup is very similar to the VS-Mail but plugs into the processor module. You can download the documentation for either from the Avaya web site. The VS-Mail is hard drive based and PC Voice Messaging card is flash based. Either choice should work for you.

your ok with the vs mails ,but can not use a flash mail pc card mail and would need a acs processor
there are a series of expansion cards that plug into a vs mail to increase size to 4 ports and 20 mail boxes and maybe to 4 x40 that card plugs into the vs mail
again on ebay your buying used so the drive will last as long as it lasts
if your looking a the partner external mail
they are really old and i wouldnt touch
it .they were old when they did the y2k scare

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited June 06, 2005).]

OP Offline
Thanks guys. I think the VS mail (4.0) is the way to go.

I have experience with Magix and admining a Definity. I have reset passwords and changed ringers, fixed time on a partner lol.

But what I am looking to do is use the manual (I got it) and maybe someone to give me the rough list of procedures and to make my way through it. I have found where if I get stuck I can call for tech support for 90.00/hr.

Is there a separate manual for the VS mail?

and given my config above and if I put the VS in the 5 slot what are my voice mail port numbers?

What group do I put them in 777? what code to put them in that group?

thanks again.

rich

rs
get the manual for the mail it has the partner and mail programming

OP Offline
will get it, thx

anyone else help with the other part of my questions?

rich

rs
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The manual will have all the setup and programming you will need.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024