web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I do not have a Admin port, just the LAN and RS232 port.

Karl

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Are you trying to administer the processor or voicemail :confused:

There is an Admin port on the front of the R7 processor. In a 5 module holder, the processor is located smack dab in the middle (Slot #3). LAN and RS232 ports are found on a voicemail module.

I Love FEATURE 00
Trying to administer VM. I cannot connect through the COM port.

Karl

Well, ok. Lets start with using the right software. That would be Partner Messaging Administration. You administer the messaging system through the ethernet LAN port either via your network from any PC running Partner Messaging Administration or with a crossover cable directly from a PC.

To change the messaging system IP you need to connect the the RS-232 port as you were doing and use Hyperterminal to communicate.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Joefish711 started this post. Did you resolve your connection problems?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If this is an R7 messaging, you can change the IP on your pc to the default IP of the voicemail (adding 1 to the last octet) and change the IP to something on your subnet. If it is older, you will not get the option of changing an IP through the web based version.

KHolt, if you need assistance, I would start another thread. Or let me know, I could come out and get it to work for you.

I get the LAN port. I am assuming I can connect with an ethernet cable to the switch. The pin out would be the same on each end.

When you say a "crossover cable directly from a PC, is this a straight through cable or a "crossover" with a different pin out on each end?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
kholt, You may want to start a new topic with your own question.
The original poster of the thread was trying to connect to the ACS processor not the VM.

Also, you will get results quicker to state exactly what release phone system and VM you have.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,687 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 146 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024