web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
For the third time I have to reset a vm password becase the one he chose didn't work. The last time I reset it, and he used the default, he got the message that he couldn't retrieve messages because of the number of incorrect logins to the system. It didn't work until I reset the system.

Shouldn't resetting the password take care of a lockout? Am I missing something? I went through the manual and didn't see anything about it.

I wonder if something is wrong with the system, but it's only this one extension that has the problem. Note, I may not have the whole story, and I have to talk to the customer today about it.

But what's your take on this?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I'm not sure what type of Audix you have but regarding a Definity Audix which I have...

When you go into his mailbox do you change: Locked? y to Locked? n as well as changing the password?

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
This is actually a partner mail VS...sorry if I wasn't specific enough. Can't remember which version off the top of my head...

The Partner Mail VS is not quite as sophisticated as the Audix. wink

My first bet is that the mailbox owner is not entering the password correctly. If indeed you do find that the password stops working then, yes, there is a problem with the Mail VS. Time for replacement.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Did it actually say "you cannot get you messages at this time, due to multiple logins", as opposed to "incorrect login"? I've got one site that was notorious for that problem until they upgraded to Messaging. Only a restart of the VS Mail would clear it.

JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what I had to do (restart the system). The release is 4. It turned out to be the VM box of a different extension though. But if restarting the system is normal then I guess there's not a problem.

"Cannot get your message now due to multiple logins" comes whenever someone is loging into their voicemail at the same time someone is leaving one... In my experience anyway. Have you found a different reason for that message?

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
When someone has loged into the mailbox and hangs up or uses anothe rcall apperance to log into the same mailbox they hear. " Cannot get your messages due to multiple logins"

JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
Nobody else is trying to login to their mailbox at the same time they are trying to access it. This problem only comes up when I have to reset their password (and this site is the only place where we have encountered this problem).

I'm starting to wonder if their unit is dying...

Originally posted by Rhonda:
"Cannot get your message now due to multiple logins" comes whenever someone is loging into their voicemail at the same time someone is leaving one... In my experience anyway. Have you found a different reason for that message?
This also appears when some one is still logged into Message Manager on their PC.

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024