Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

The Scenario

5 people in office.
NO receptionist.
10-20 people on road with cell phones (not office based at all).
We would like to have incoming calls routed to specific users cell phones by an AA.

I am aware that remote call forwarding could take care of this, but that ties up (2) dial tones for every line and could get rather clunky.

Somebody told me that the Partner messaging in conjunction with centrex lines could take care of this. That details escape me. How can the messaging system answer a call and send it outbound without using (2) lines.

Please help smile

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Centrex transfer then your system is out of the picture.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I have a Definity G3si so our systems may be quite different in their features.

In my system we set up "Outcalling." When set up and turned on per user it works as follows...

A call comes in to a user who is away from their desk. The user receives a voice mail messsage. When the message is in the box and the user has outcalling on... the phone system calls the user and lets them know they have a voicemail. The user is prompted to log in and listen to the message.

Granted it is not a live call but it is a way for the user to know that someone is trying to get ahold of them.

Again, I'm not sure if this would help you or if you system can do this but it is an option.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
OP Offline
hbiss could you elaborate on how this will work with a Partner ACS setup and messaging 7.0?

Thanks for the prompt response.

Rhonda, thanks for the response. The outcalling feature is nice, but not what we are after.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Legend/Magix can do CENTREX Transfer as well.

But, given the size of your system requirements, Partner would probably be the best fit.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
If you really want a good solution check out Multi-Tech's Callfinder GSM/CDMA. You can bridge you phone system to the cellular network and forward calls out through the cell network.

This would work well if they had a shared minutes plan so their "in network cell to cell calls" would be free.

https://multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Categories/Telephony/Cellular_Gateways/

When you have Centrex from your telco the transfer is handled by them, it's a calling feature. Basically all you are doing is telling them to transfer the call. The transfer is done by the telco switch, none of your lines are involved. To transfer a call you would do a hookflash and then dial the number you want the call transfered to. You then hang up, the call goes to the number you dialed and your line is free again.

The Messaging R7 (as well as many older Messaging and Mail VS's) will do a Centrex transfer this way automatically.

The AA would be set up to instruct your callers to dial a number from 1 to 9, each would be for a different person. Since you have more than 9 people you could arrange submenues alphabetically, by department etc. The main menu and each submenu can have numbers 1-9. Each of these numbers are selector codes that would be set up to do a Centrex transfer to a specific number.

So, a caller calls your company, is told to dial 5 for Bob, they dial 5 and they are connected with Bob's cell phone.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hal,

Thanks for the explanation. It is a shame that only selector codes can be used. I suppose I can find a way to organize the groups in sub menus.

So if we have 5 centrex based CO lines, 5 calls can be directed outbound at a time. Does the partner and phones indicate that the line is in use even though the centrex has routed the call from the CO end? Or is that another can of worms?

Question.

OP Offline
wolfguy, it appears that I would need one bridge per outgoing line and still (2) ports on the partner (1 for the inbound call and 1 for the outbound bridge at an extension). At $600+ the cell plan per bridge, that could get rather expensive. Am I missing something here?

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
With Centrex, the call would be released and line available after the hook flash and hang-up occurs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,906 Shoretel
190,039 CTX100 install
188,226 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024