Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85710 07/27/07 10:26 AM
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
Recently had the battey on the CPU go dead and of course almost all of the memory was lost. One of the problems I have yet to recover from was the ability to Park calls at the console. The receptionist used 300 - 307 on the Selector console to Park calls by just using the 3.. hundreds button followed by the 00 - 07 buttons. The employees used *8-30X(where X = 0 to 7)to pick up the parked calls.

I can't seem to find where to enter the 300 - 307 in the programing. I have verified that the Park feature is working from two other phones using the *5 & *8 codes. As I did not originally install this geriatric beast, I only have experience in the day to day changes of trunks and extensions.

Any help out there?

In the past I have had no reason to convince the customer to replace the system, as it has been one of the most dependable systems I've ever worked on. I can't remember replacing more than two boards in the last 15 years. Power supplies, yes.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#85711 07/27/07 12:49 PM
In a 1986 book I have it refers to dedicating any 8 buttons of the console DSS to call park function. It also refers to system access button and *5 as you know. Also refers to assign group select button hundreds groups and call park codes,this not much help,I threw later manuals away years ago.-------------John

#85712 07/28/07 04:50 AM
There is a complete set of System 25 manuals available at https://www.wedophones.com/AT&TManualsLead.htm. Look about three quarters of the way down the page, or use Cntl+F and search the page for "System 25".

There are general admin and installation manuals as well as one's specifically for the Attendant Console. Really cool that these guys keep this stuff out there for us.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#85713 07/28/07 07:11 AM
They are also available at the Avaya home page.

https://support.avaya.com/japple/css/japple?PAGE=ProductIndex#s

#85714 07/28/07 07:35 AM
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
The customer has the manuals, with the Audix system and all the upgrades done over the years the manuals cover two 4 foot long shelves.

What I don't have is the inspiration or the first idea of just how the Park feature and the console buttons worked together.

added:
Looks like I have to get into Basic Admin, I have always used Advanced Admin - looking into it.

Update:
Used Basic Admin to assign the buttons to Parking. Strange, Advanced Admin isn't!

#85715 07/29/07 05:52 AM
if your going to keep the sys25 around, I suggest
you procure another 142 memory card with a new
backup battery...the next power failure the system encounters...there goes your programming....you are using the AAS software I
presume, if not send me a PM and I can help.
The park stations are defaulted.

#85716 07/29/07 04:05 PM
No Bell Offline OP
OP Offline
I replaced the battery before doing any programming. What I didn't do was default/initialize the system and as I was programming the stations I did find a few items of information still lingering, but only in the comments area. Once I get done I think I'll save to file, initialize and reload to be safe.

Yes, I am using the AAS Rel 3 for Unix on the VM Computer and I am currently trying to get the DOS version of AAS Rel 3 working on an old laptop. I'm also backing up the database to "File" now that I have been forced to learn a lot more about this system than I ever wanted to. The system did have an old Tape Backup, but no activity on that since one of the owners left(with the knowledge of how to use it) to start another business.

I'm learning so much I'm almost feeling comfortable with it. I convinced the owner years ago to get a few extra power supplies and fans for the system. For me and this area this is a one of a kind system. I think it is the only System 25 AT&T ever sold in the area - I know of no others. From what I could search for on this board there has not been much activity since the early 2000s with the System 25.

I still have some VM interfacing to do, such as number of rings before coverage. The number of rings all seem to be presently linked to the main "Coverage Rings" programming and they weren't before. Expect to be working on that this next week.

Got the Park stations changed from the default 800's to the 300's through Basic Administration. I guess the Advanced Administration is only to give a better looking and intuitive interface for programming, but does not handle everything.

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,852 Shoretel
189,965 CTX100 install
188,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 18
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024