web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys. i have a customer who has a acs 5.0 and he wants to add a voicemail.
1. he wants some lines to ring with a unique tone, and if not answered then go to a message other than the main greeting. (4 companies sharing a system and vm)but he wants all exts to be able to answer all lines. can you have 8 different tones ringing at all exts but be answered differently by the vm if not picked up by an ext user.

2. is there a directory function. can you dial 3 for directory and after hearing the directory choice dial the ext directly and be transferred.
3. can you dial 4 for information about a product then dial 5 from that message to another message.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
#1 yes,.........you can have 9 different ring tones. But most of them sound very close to each other.
#2 and 3........yes but you will need the Partner Messaging and not the PC card mail. And the directory access would be *2.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
1) There are 8 different ring tones on the ACS, problem is only about 3 are different enough to be useful. I think what your customer is asking is a bit ridiculous. They need to pay attention to what line is ringing by looking at the phone. For 4 companies you need the Partner Messaging.

2) Dial by name directory- yes.

3) No but you could set up a sub menu of the main and have it play the information about the first product then prompt for an announcement for the second product. Or you could continue cascading sub menus almost forever- 99 anyway.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
so with partner messaging line one can ring all exts but play a different greeting than line 2,and line 2 play a different greeting than line 3 etc. etc. how many lines can be set up to play different greetings at one time. also can these greetings all have sub menus. 1 for ext, 2 for announcement, 3 for return to main menu etc. also does the messaging require a license card, and if so exactly what does the license card do or provide. thanks

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
My bad.............yes there are only 8 ring tones. I forgot if it was 8 or 9.

www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
It sounds like you are asking for "How many AA's are on a Partner Messaging". If so there are 4.

And yes you do need a license card for the VM ports.

www.regal-comm.com
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
ok, so if there are 4 AA's can they all function at the same time and give you different menu options. can AA 1 answer lines 1&2, AA2 answer lines 3&4 AA3 answer lines 4&5 etc. also can the number of rings be different. aa1 4 rings before answering, aa2 6 rings before answering etc.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yes

Have you ever installed a Partner Messaging?

www.regal-comm.com
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
i have never installed the partner messaging. i have done the pc card and the vs mail r5. but i don't think that they will allow the different AA's on specific lines, a dial by name directory and a well defined sub menu selection.

If you did a Mail VS R5 you should know that it has 4 AAs also. I suggest that you study the Partner Messaging R7 documentation rather than continuing this question and answer session in a public forum.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 110 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024