web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I'm no Legend expert, but is the auto attendant doing a supervised or blind transfer?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I had the same problem as described by Pencom, which sounds very much like your problem- On Avaya Partner system, there was a VM box existing on a VM port, which sent out a MW signal causing ringing the call answer service operator over and over, causing a nuisance. I cleared this problem by removing the VM box from VM and moving the VM port in the Tel system.
The two Avaya system work very much the same. Check for this.

OP Offline
I checked the VM extensions and they did not have mailboxes set up on them.

Today, as I was standing there, it rang (not a full ring)from ext 54(the first VM port). I was looking at the MLX28D when it did it. There were no calls and no activity at all. The line lights(they are in Key mode) were off, and all ext lights were off.

I'm at a loss.

LOOP START TRUNKS BAD
GROUND START TRUNKS GOOD

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
I was thinking that the abbreviated ring parm might be a factor. But that would only be true if she was already on the phone, and it certainly shouldn't affect her ability to pick up the call. Just for grins, you might disable this feature for her phone and see what happens with that single ring thing.

I'm also curious about your VMS hunt group. Is it set to Generic or Integrated?

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Make sure that all ports that are on the voicemail are programmed in the calling group you are using for voicemail. If any ports are not in that group then they may answer and do an immediate transfer to the operator.

David K. Cruse, RCDD
President
Telecom-Connections, Inc.
704-821-3779
OP Offline
The VM group is set to Integrated and all four of the port extensions are in the group. I can post the calling group info if needed.

Heck, I'll post a print all if it would help. smile

Troubleshooting fresh- can you remove the VM line cords from port 54 and 55 and plug them in another card, one at a time to isolate the problem? (also unassign each ext-54 and 55 and reassign them to new extensions one at a time). Check the hardware..

OP Offline
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. If I understand you correctly you want me to use different ports for the voice mail. However, it's a MLM007.

What happens on the zero timeout?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,683 Shoretel
189,691 CTX100 install
187,880 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024