web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I haven't ran across this in a while, and can't remember if there is a fix for this. I have a customer who is using a DID number has their main number, with Direct console operator. They want to add a second console to help answer calls. If I switch to QCC and add a second console, does this work? If not, any suggestions?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
My advice is avoid QCC's at all costs!

First off, if they have D-I-D's why is the operator getting a lot of calls?

But, that being said, a second console would only be able to use a Cover Button, which may not do it for you.

Again, is there some way to fix it so the operator isn't getting so many calls?

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
You should really have a number of potts lines in a hunt group from the local CO for the operator. If you use only one number, the second caller will not queue up but will get a busy signal. We have 14 CO lines in our hunt. One main published number and 13 hidden lines not published.

The Avaya console has a "position busy" button so if you have two consoles, one can go into position busy and all calls will go to the other console.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
They may not have a bunch of DID's to take the pressure off of the Operator, it may just be a DNIS for the main number.

I would shy away from QCC's. Does the Operator really need to be an Operator position? (Does she set Night Service, or have internal people dialing "0" to reach her)

You could use a Non-Operator phone with a bunch of SA buttons to receive the incoming calls on, and then use Shared System Access on the backup Operator's phone (who is also NOT an Operator position) to help handle the load.

Then just put the "real" operator position phone nearby if you need the other Operator functions.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
The second position doesn't need to be an operator per say. I never thought of using shared system access. Can I put SSA keys from the operator onto the second phone which is a 28 button phone? That might solve the problem right there.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
No, you can't put SSA buttons on an operator, not can you share an operator's SA buttons on another extension (operator or not).

I ran into a company where they put the real Operator's phone on an end table in the waiting room, then renumbered one extension to receive the DNIS calls, with a bunch of SA buttons. Then they shared those SSA buttons among 8 other extensions, and it looked like a key system for the incoming call center.

So, if you don't need a dss for transferring, or you have enough inside-auto-dials to recreate a DSS, if you can put the Operator's phone where it is accessable for functions like night service (which you many not even be using since it's a PRI), and put a cover button for the Operator on the Receptionist's phones for the internal dial 0 calls, you might get away with it.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
The DSS is the issue now. She needs the DSS.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
If the current operator extension doesn't have coverage to voicemail, then the backup extensions can have up to 8 total group cover buttons for the DLC operator. Set the DLC's DID number to an available coverage group and assign group cover buttons on the backup's phone(s). Multiple call handling is allowed via multiple group cover buttons on each backup, again max 8 buttons. Calls that are not normally eligible for coverage will not cover to the group buttons. Calls to the DID will ring immediately on the group cover buttons, or to provide delay ringing, assign a primary or secondary cover button to a phantom extension, (use an adjunct extension), this will active delay ringing, then you can play with the number of rings to primary, secondary or group for the DLC extension to get what you want. Hope this helps

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
could we have multiple individual cover buttons? they want the call to overflow to voice mail if no one answers.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
You can only have one primary or one secondary cover button on a phone for each covered extension. Up to 8 phones may provide primary or secondary coverage. You can have up to 8 group cover buttons per phone of a covered group.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024