web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Anyone could email me the master password of Avaya PVM PCMCIA R3 Master Password?

One of my customers purchased a PVM from me recently, and he monkeyed with it, and forgot his password, and asked me what to do.

And I called Avaya, coz I am an authorized dealer, but they replied me that they must charge, which I cannot charge my customer, coz I told them it is one year warranty, and I am not happy about Avaya charges me, coz 10 year ago, I did not get charge for this kind of support, and now Avaya basically need to charge for anything, without spending my prepurchased block hour, they do not even listen to my story.

So I had it, and hope some of you guys could do me a favor that email me the Master Password of PVM to me at

[email protected]

ps. if some of you guys do have customers around NYC, NJ; I give you very good price coz you do me this favor.

My service:
cabling, System, and T1

I am certified.

Thanks!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Our policy is that we cannot give out passwords. The procedure is one of our mods will contact you to verify that you are who you say you are. They will then call into the system and reset the admin password. There is a charge for this that will need to be charged to a credit card, however it is less than what Avaya will charge.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hi Hal,

No, thanks.

Unless you waive the charge off to solve this problem for me, otherwise you may email me that I do it for my customer for free.

And why you need to verify my id, where you got the password? Coz I asked avaya, they wouldn't give me, even though I am thier dealer.

But thanks for your reply.

Jack

what does "coz" mean?

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
OP Offline
Hi Liquidvw,

ha ha,

According to thefreedictionary.com

Acronym Definition
COZ Because

seriously, is anyone really going to help me?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Welcome to the board.

We can not give out backdoor passwords "coz" it is against our policy.

Hope you understand.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Hi Daniel,

Then,

Is anyone willing to solve my customer's problem without any charge?

Thanks for replying,

Jack

Administrator
Administrator
Jack
I have to ask, do you own a car? The reason I ask this is as a reference. You buy a car "monkey" with the motor take it to the dealer for repair. Warranty or no warranty do you think you will have to pay to get it fixed. You bet your a$$ you will because you screwed it up. You as the selling dealer do not have to warranty a problem if the end user screwed something up. Just bill the customer and pay for the password change. Now if you were the monkey who screwed it up and are looking for something for nothing that's a whole 'nother story. So tell the truth it's your PVM and you forgot the password didn't you. laugh

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Avaya Dealer - who is your distributor? We purchase through Catalyst Telecom. They have their own tech support, and in this situation we can call them, and they will reset the password for us NO CHARGE, since we are a Business Partner purchasing equipment through them. I don't think anyone here has a financial relationship with you that encourges them to do this for you for free.

Unless you waive the charge off to solve this problem for me, otherwise you may email me that I do it for my customer for free.

Who the heck are you and why should we give you something for free? And, like I said we do not give out passwords.

And why you need to verify my id, where you got the password? Coz I asked avaya, they wouldn't give me, even though I am thier dealer.

How do we know who you are? You give no website in your profile and a gmail account. ANYBODY could do that. We verify your ID to protect system owners from the very thing passwords are there for to begin with. For all we know you are a disgruntled employee or an investigator looking to hack somebodies voice mail system.

Sorry bud, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024