web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#85941 08/12/07 01:30 PM
toteyo Offline OP
OP Offline
This system has none of the lights on, I check the power coming in from the cord and have my 120 volt, also checked the carrier where the cards are pluged in and I get 16 volt but none of the cards light up. Can anyone help me out here?
did this unit just had it??

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

What cards are in the system ,left to right?

What Partner system is this?

... also checked the carrier where the cards are pluged in and I get 16 volt

You lost me there. Are you talking about the white power connectors? We do need to know what system and carrier this is but you can remove all the modules and connect the power cord to each and see if the light goes on.

I suspect an old 5 slot and a blown fuse. It's caused by a defective module. If you do as I say and plug the power cord into each module you will soon find which one is causing the problem. smile

You will still have to replace the fuse to get back up along with the module.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
a bad 206 in slot one can cause this

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
You might try turning off system , push proc card in (make sure well seated ) then turn on. The old 5 slot carriers do that sometimes.

Back in 1993, we installed a 2-module Partner Plus system for our office. As the company grew we upgraded to a 5 slot carrier with a Partner Plus Processor, 3 206E modules and the original 206. That happened in 1997. A couple of years ago one of the 206E modules died (the top portion had melted) but the remaining modules worked OK (minus 1 or 2 ports) until 6 months ago when we moved and changed our telephones to an Avaya Tenovis ISDN system.
I don’t like to throw anything that works away, so last week I donated the old Partner system to a non-governmental organization. When I tried to set it up, none of the lights would come on. I can hear a faint sound from the power supplies of the 206 modules (which I suppose means that power is getting there) but that’s all I get. I have tried all the combinations (only the processor, processor plus one 206 in slot 1, plus 2 206 in slots 1,2, plus 3 206 in slots 1,2,4, and all the 206 in slot 1). I have not tried to power each of the modules directly, as I read a couple of replies back, to find out what works and what doesn’t, but I am sure that everything was all right when I removed the system from the old office.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I know that it’s an obsolete system but it’s better than yelling to the next office “You have a phone call!!!”

I would try the Processor and 1 206 in slot 1 ... If they don't light up then power off and replace the 206 with one of the others. If you get lights, add another 206...Power down each time you add or remove a module

may be a bad 5 slot carrier. Its happened to me before....try taking the processor out by itself and plug the power cord directly into the back of processor. trying this for each card. If lights come on for all cards individually

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
First of all welcome to the board NikosX.

The system you are explaining may still have some life left in it MAYBE.
But as you already know it's pretty old and from what you've already said some of the circuit packs may have previous damage.

This is definitely questions that are more targeted for the installer and not the end user.

I would suggest that you contact a local dealer or equivalent in you area and show them what you got and they can tell you what's good and what's not.

Also in the future please start a new topic for your questions instead of hijacking and old thread.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
First off all, thanks for the welcome.

Sorry about the hijacking, but the subject seem very relevant and on other forums moderators seem to have problems when someone opens a new thread when a similar one exists. I stand corrected.

As for my questions, when the 206 failed I tried to find a replacement here in Greece, but the company that installed the system in the first place was gone, and everyone I asked told me that "this was a waste of money, buy a new system". So for the last 5 years I was taking care of the system, as noone would.
When we moved, I came here to see how could I upgrade the system and I learned about the ACS. All the installers that gave me an offer told me to forget about it, throw it away and buy a new one (Panasonic, Tenovis, Alcatel etc).
So here I am with a donated system to a volunteer group what nobody wants to support and all I ask is one or two directions where to look before I call it a day and the whole thing goes to the bin.
Thank for your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 97 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024