web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sorry to disagree but I don't see how the service provider has anything to do with this other than maybe CPC. The problem is user error as I explained above. True, changing ALS to intercom first will stop this from happening but every extension programmed that way will have to press an idle line button instead of just picking up the handset to make an outgoing call. So you just trade one problem for another.

The solution here is proper user training.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
The service provider has everything to do with the new behaviour of the phones. They do provide CPC on disconnect, but not on ROH. The Partner takes advantage of this function, instead of designing it to drop dial tone if a line is auto selected and then an auto intercom button is pressed without dialing anything on the dial tone. Even Comdial Executechs from 15 years ago did that! I've seen the issue come everytime a CLEC puts in an Adtran Total Access IAD, and training isn't going to change that.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Hal your right on as usual, here we usually refer to this type of problem as a "loose nut on the keyboard" test clear.
Any good dealer would have explained all of this in user training at time of install.
It's a very simple deal..

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Tommy, you've lost me. :shrug:

By ROH I assume you are talking about what happens if you pick up an idle line and put it on hold. The CO should send a CPC type interruption in battery voltage after maybe 15 seconds to tell the system to disconnect. We have POTS lines here straight from the CO and Verizon stopped doing that many years ago. Put a line on hold and you can busy it out forever.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Online Content
SBC/at&t still provides an open loop before going from dial tone to the howler for "Receiver Off Hook" (ROH)

As much as you train people to lift the handset and press Intercom, or press the DSS button FIRST, 2 weeks later they will lift the handset, grabbing an open dial tone, and then pressing the DSS button. I watched a receptionist lift the handset, press Transfer, and dial an extension number.

When Call America, or TelePacific, or other CLEC converts them to a Flex T-1, with an IAD for dial tone and variable Internet bandwidth, they lose the ROH cutoff, and the fun begins.

Strange thing is the cable company here does provide the ROH cutoff and like the old NY TEL you won't have it until after about 15 seconds- and 15 seconds is a long time. Depending on how long the receptionist takes after lifting the handset and hanging up, it's still very possible that the line will get transfered. With ROH cutoff the extension will stop ringing after the 15 seconds have elapsed but it is still going to be annoying.

Dunno. I make it a point to explain that they have to press the page all, voice mail or DSS button first and I have never had a customer not understand it.

Maybe they're smarter here on the East coast. :rolleyes:

-Hal

AVAYA has forced 90 % of the old time techs out of this business.

That should relate to a stock option?

If they gamble on IP and all the newbie.

The result is who is singing the song?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,502 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Touch Tone Tommy), 185 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024