web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
There are a few hundred Partner ACS systems in use where I work. There is a need to have a computer select a ringing line,answer and handle the call via voip to a wireless user. How can this be done? I saw a product called Passageway but it doesn't seem to be available. Any help would be appreciated.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Passageway never saw the light of day and rightly so. Probably the easiest way to handle this is with a Partner Messaging system and Centrex from your service provider. Call comes in, caller selects from a menu and gets transfered to any outside number you programmed.

I don't know why you are getting hung up on computers and VoIP.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
These are used as a local intercom system with multiple door phones and a single multiline phone in a central location. I have not seen the system in operation but I surmize that a button is pushed on a door phone and the operator picks up on the blinking line and holds a conversation. Now the requirement is for the operator to be roaming around with a wireless tablet computer and perform the same function ie: talk to the customer. There are literally hundreds of these systems installed so replacing the system with something modern is not viable.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Gee, what would be wrong with a cordless phone to receive the calls from the door box?

And by the way, a Partner system is very much "modern"

OP Offline
The "operator" is wandering around the facility carrying a wireless tablet computer with a headset. It is not desirable for them to have an additional cordless phone.
I need to emulate a multiline phone via a computer to integrate the intercom function with other functions such as alarm monitoring, a PA system, remote door locks, etc.

Sounds like a big facility,and wired with repeaters for wireless access?If so why not get converter- voip to analog{line} and assign line to pc as ext. owner also set doorphone alert to same ext,?Need ability on pc for flash type recall so you can toggle between line and intercom call.This is just a thought,I have never tried it and don't know how to access code for door release on your pc or what upgrade pc would need.Sounds like it needs to access 2 functions at same time,I asked a IT friend of mine and he mentioned dual card via usb or pc slot card so pc can be set up for dual function on network.Really only 1 call at time is possible.

Weren't you here a couple of years ago asking about this? Weren't you stuck with a certain type of doorphone because somebody with no knowledge ordered them? They do make doorphones that can call that wireless gizmo you know.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I've got a solution to all functions other than the interface to the Partner system.

Let me try and explain a little better: "operator" currently sits in an office with multiple systems: PA, Fire alarm monitoring, panic alarm, cctv, and other functions.

Scattered throughout the facility are "Customer Assistance Intercoms" which are door phones connected to a local Partner ACS system as extensions. I believe there is also one "outside line" available for conferencing to a central point.

The desire is for the "operator" to become mobile and still retain all of the functions available in the office.

My remaining problem is to interface with the phone system, remotely pick up the ringing line, hold a conversation, conference in a supervisor if necessary and then terminate the call. Support for only one call at a time is needed. No other functions are required from the phone system.

There are hundreds of these systems installed throughout our company, so a "one off" solution is not viable.

OP Offline
No, I was not here before. I just joined this company and this is a new project to wirelessly interface to existing systems.

My remaining problem is to interface with the phone system, remotely pick up the ringing line, hold a conversation, conference in a supervisor if necessary and then terminate the call. Support for only one call at a time is needed. No other functions are required from the phone system.

This would be an exact fit for the discontinued Transtalk cordless phone. I know you don't want a "one of" solution given that you have multiple locations, that is why I am suggesting an off the shelf solution. I also know that you prefer this to operate with the existing wireless PDAs but I don't think that is going to be possible.

I don't know the extent of your resources or what you want to spend on this but given the extent of your operation you might be able to have systems custom made. Line cards are readily available for PCs that can interface it as a single line analog device to the partner extension ports. An application could then be written to do what you want.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024