web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a Lucent Partner ACS phone system with voice mail, auto-attendant. The Phone are AVAYA phones.

Is there any way to change the Ring Tone?

Is so, please give me instruction on how to do it.

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If you have an ACS Partner system you can't change your ring tones, the only option on ringing other than volume is abbreviated ringing.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and panicking like the passengers in his car.

Actually if you have an ACS R3 or later there are 8 ringing patterns available for outside calls. See Unique Line Ringing in your documentation.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Thanks for your help. I do not have the manual. Can you post the section for instruction on how to do this?

Thanks

How about going to the Avaya site and getting it yourself.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The mods want you to get used to finding documentation. It's truly amazing what you find in the instructions. Best to download the PDF and print it up and keep it in a binder. I like the PDF because I can do searches plus keep a copy on my laptop and take it to sites. The customer does not now you are thumbing through a manual that way, either.

https://support.avaya.com/japple/cs...p;temp.bucketID=159898&PAGE=Document

The funtion is #209. Use the next data key to change the value and the next item to change lines. It will give you a little sample sound for each one as you select it.

Yes, the function. Don't forget to add the line number
Starting at LN O1 and cycle threw.

The biggest problem with the ring sound on a CO line basis is that 1 or 8 tend to only be the choice.

The rest of the ring tones sound like when the circus came to town after new years eve.

I guess AVAYA thought of the other ring tomes on that day.

I agree, the sounds are all quite weird and I've yet to use anything but the default tone.

You would think that AVAYA would have gave me a choice of the older merlin sounds. But they didn't.

The biggest mistake with the partner was OHVA.
\
and a flashing key for group pickup.

OP Offline
Hi Hal,

Thanks for your help. I am very new to phone system. I want to change the ring tone when my Extension rings. What do I need to do to change the Ring tone. This is mainly for a Wireless headset that I am using, the default ring tone is not being picked up by the lifter to alert me when the extension is ringing. The support staff of the Headset (Plantronics) said to try a different ring tone to see if it works.

Thanks for all your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024