web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer that migrated from a Partner System to a Legend 7.0. It was initially set up for a 2 digit dial plan because the customer wanted to keep the same extension numbers as they had on the Partner. Now they are expanding to about 70 stations and of course the 2 digit plan stops at x66. Is there any workaround that can allow me to renumber the new extensions to 2 digit? I know there are many brilliant minds in this forum, so I hope someone will save me from the wrath of this lady when I tell her they have to go to a 3 digit dial plan. By the way, whoever installed it put the MLM in one of the middle slots. I can pick up some extra 2 digit extensions by putting it at the end but I will still need more. Thanks for any suggestions.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Admin
Admin
I'd tell her if she can figure how to get 70 plus 2 digit extensions out of the numbering plan then she needs to be a university mathematician. Otherwise tell her you have have to add a 1 or 2 in front of their existing extension numbers and live with it like the rest of the world.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You can renumber the voice mail ports to somthing out of the range, so that you can recover those 2 digit numbers.

Lets see, 70 2 digit extensions would run from 10 through 89. That only leaves 9 for ARS. You have NOWHERE to go with all the leftovers like lines, calling groups, paging, etc. etc.

You're going to have to put the system in setup space, and then renumber them back to 3 digit exensions, in a range like 100-199, keeping the last 2 digits the same as the original 2 digit extension numbers.

[Linked Image from touchtonetommy.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,430 Shoretel
188,198 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (mongo5150, Touch Tone Tommy), 82 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024