web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
1) Sales is complaining that when they park a call and there are other calls coming in while they are on the phone that they can not pick up the ringing call after they have completed the park and hung up.

(The sales phones are in a calling group set to group ring and have at least 4 SA buttons available, using 4412 sets)

They Have to be able to do the:

Hello, Please Hold
Hello, Please Hold
Hello, Please Hold, thing

Have to get this fixed!

Any Ideas?

PS: When I dial the CG directly (7929) it displays
"Do Not Disturb" though phones ring in the group.
is this significant? How might I change it?

CG Report:

A Group # : 7929 Group Type : AutoLogin
A Call Distribution Type : GROUP RING

A PryAnn No. EXT # LABEL Messaging Announcement
A 1
A 2
A 3
A 4
A 5
A 6
A 7
A 8
A 9
A 10
A Secondary Announcement Ext # :
A Messaging Announcement # for Secondary Announcement:
A Time Between Delay Announcements: 0
A Repeat Secondary Announcement: No

A Message Waiting Station :

A Queue Control Limit: 99
A Calls_in_queue Threshold 1: 1
A Calls_in_queue Threshold 2: 1
A Calls_in_queue Threshold 3: 1
A External Alert ext # :
A Overflow Threshold (#) : 99
A Overflow Threshold (Time): 0
A Prompt Based Overflow Option: No
A Overflow to DGC group # :

A Group Coverage :

A Member No. EXT # LABEL
A 1 110 DISPATC
A 2 113 WHITE D
A 3 116 FOSTER
A 4 119 COMPTR
A 5 120 MARTIN
A 6 121 DUNLAP
A 7 122 SALES
A 8 123 FALLS G
A 9 124 LEHMAN
A 10 125
A 11 127 GROVER
A 12 128 SPEELMN
A 13 129 WILLIAM
A 14 132 SHEEHAN
A 15 134 MARK B
A 16 139 KEMPER
A 17 141 JENNIFR
A 18 145 WALTERS
A 19
A 20

A LINES :
A DIRECT GROUP CALLING INFORMATION

A Group Priority: : 16
A Support Group: :

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

What you describe is really how the ACD portion of the Magix works. As a member of the Calling Group, you are considered to be unavailable if you're already tied up on another call. By parking a call or putting it on hold, you continue to maintain control of that call. Therefore, you are busy and cannot take the next call.

However, once a parked call is picked up, control is relinquished and the Sales person may accept a new call. You might try using transfer instead of park. If these phones are as busy as they sound, you'll want to unload that call as quickly as possible.

To use the strength of this PBX, what you really want to do is to setup a queue with a delayed announcement. "No one is available to answer your call right now. Please hold, and you will be transferred to the next available agent." Have the queue then distribute the call in the manner you see fit: circular, first available, the least busy guy gets the next call...whatever. Have the staff login/logout of the Calling Group to facilitate call distribution (unless you're dead set on using the Group Ring "shotgun" approach).

Now if for some reason you still feel that all calls to this group must be immediately answered by a staff member and not a delayed announcement, then I can only recommend that all sales-related phone lines be made to appear and immediately ring on all sales phones.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
yeah, Thanks Tim. I was afraid of that. I have 2 customer satisfaction problems. They are dead set against ANY for of AA. and they were sold on PRI/DID service to replace their 10 copper lines by the local Verizon Rep. Which, of course, won't ring a line pool button.placed on each sales phone. ANy work arounds you can think of would be much appreciated.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Loop single line stations to CO ports, put the S/L ports in a linear calling group, matcht the calling group numbet to the PRI's DNIS.

OP Offline
Thanks Tommy, Somehow I knew you were going to say that. Gaaa!

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Of course, you can refer to another post I did concerning this matter some where else.

But, the BOTTOM LINE IS, the people selling the CONNECTIONS to the OUTSIDE WORLD, have no idea as to how our systems work.

I will say no more......

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Another option is to point the incoming calls to one of the extensions in the group, assign up to 10 system access buttons on the first 10 buttons, of that extension. Then assign 10 Shared System access buttons for this extension on up to 15(max)other phones in that group. You can still assign coverage for the main extension so if calls go unanswered several other phones could cover for the group, including voicemail.

Memphisribs, that's a great suggestion - I have done the same for a small "company within a company", wanting to keep their key-system look for a group of people, and for the service department of a car dealership. I've even "burned" a 4406 set as the primary extension, put the 6 SSA buttons on the 4412's, and used phantom destination to drop the messages into the Service Manager's mailbox.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Memphisribs dos present a good idea.

The limitations are this:

You can have 10 SSA's on each phone.

And any given extension can have 16 people sharing it's system access buttons.

With the 4412, you can use the top buttons on the two leftmost rows of buttons (Buttons 21 & 23 as you assign them).

This could be a good solution, I have used it in the past, I just didn't think of it this time.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,623 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024