web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
G3r V7 - PRI T1 - no vectoring

Trying to block, or maybe divert to a voice mail box, harassing calls from an individual. Local number.

Thanks
Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Try the EC500 meathod.

Create an xmobile station like this:

Cell Phone Number: 'ANI NUMBER'
Mapping Mode: origination

AND create a COR with this:

Calling Party Restriction: origination

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
OP Offline
xmobile station? Don't have that... Not that I'm aware of.

This switch is killin me.

There is an informercial on television offering an 800 to buy their "stuff." When customer call the 800 number, they are instructed to dial a long distance phone number to talk to CS. (This should clue customers right away).

Anyway, the long distance number they offer to callers is very similar to my D-I-D bank. When I tired of their calls, I set that D-I-D up with a mailbox and a greeting telling calls they have reached the wrong comany with the correct number to call.

This saves the switchboard operator from taking a lot of calls. The only problem we have now are the crazy callers saying vulgar things on the voicemail. Like it's our fault they miss dialed?

For you, is this individual dialing a D-I-D number or one of your trunk numbers?

Otherwise, I am not aware of how to block a caller from reaching your main number - with the exception of going through legal means.

Good luck! I know how frustrating that is.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
You may not have that on your V7 switch Richard. You can check "disp sys cust" and see. It should be on the very first page.

Is this just calling one number of bombing you on all of them?

Mike Jones
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
OP Offline
Originally posted by mikeydidit:
You may not have that on your V7 switch Richard. You can check "disp sys cust" and see. It should be on the very first page.

Is this just calling one number of bombing you on all of them?
What feature would I be looking for? Here is what I have on the first page:
G3 Version: V7
Maximum Ports: 14000
Maximum XMOBILE Stations: 0 Maximum H.323 Trunks: 0 Maximum H.323 Stations: 0 Maximum IP Stations: 0

So far the caller is calling one DID number and then he calls the companies main number. The operators are on the lookout for him.

Code
Maximum XMOBILE Stations: 0 
They give you a few to play with (5) on the newer versions of software around V9. You have none and would have to pay for the RTU's or right to use for Xmobile.

If this is hitting one station to begin with you could use a coverage path and sent that call to wherever (could be fun laugh ).

You could x port the number and give that person another one. If thats not possible then have the cover path work for just SAC. When that caller calls have the person hit her SAC button. Some of these type of callers I send to a announcement I built up. Some I have made a remote coverage path and send to the local prayer hot line. Some to my exwifes house lol.

Mike Jones
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
If you have vecorting change the persons extension to something else (x5555 in this example) then change the old DID to a VDN and point it to a vector that says:

01 wait 2 seconds hearing silence
02 goto step 4 if ani = 2015551212
03 route-to number 5555 with cov y if unconditionally
04 disconnect after announcement none

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024