web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Summit Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an extension tied to a DID, but its S/L on a 012. I cannot get it to be handled by Merlin Messaging. I've tried creating a new coverage group even, but no avail.

Is there some way to forward an S/L line to a mailbox after X rings?

Otherwise, I am having trouble figuring out how to reassign extensions to physical ports because I have one (only one, at capacity!) extension on an 008MLX that doesn't need voice mail and I would happily swap assignments (unfortunately I cannot tell the users to swap numbers because there are too many discount healthcare cards out there with the # (we provide charity healthcare)). I haven't been able to figure out how to get into a menu or prompt that will let me reassign extensions to ports. So where do I go to issue such a command?

Any help is appreciated.

Merlin Legend 7.0 (v10.0)
Hybrid Mode
WinSPM 9.0

Wait... I have to maintain the phones too?
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

make sure your s/l is in your vm cvr/grp, normally group 30, and that you have a vm box built in the mail, then go to extensions cover delay enter s/l & then number of rings

Summit Offline OP
OP Offline
vm cvr/grp is 1 on my system but it won't let me add any of the s/l lines at all, only MLX. That's why I tried creating a new coverage group but it still just transfers back to the operator.

Wait... I have to maintain the phones too?
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
(1) What are you using for VOICE MAIL?

(2) When you say "AT CAPACITY" what are you telling us?

IF, (and that's a BIG IF) you have reached the limit of Mail Boxes in your voice mail, it could be that you have some in there that you do not need.

However, to answer that correctly, we will need to know the answer to question (1).

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Summit mentions Merlin Messaging in the topic title, but I wonder if an 007MLM is what's really installed.

System Inventory reports will list the 007MLM as an 012, which could be confused with the Legend 012 Basic Telephone Module. Depending on the details of Summit's next post, the "012 gotcha" may or may not play a part. But I thought I'd throw it in as a reminder.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024