web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bilcor Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone know where I can purchase an LCD display for an Avaya 18D Phone set? I have one that has broken.

Billy C.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Have you taken a look at eBay, Billy? They have several 18D's for sale there. You could easily swap yours out, or if you really want to, you could transplat the LCD into the broken one. Hope this helps.

-Michael

There is no supplier for LCD only. Usually it's allocated product.

The MLS is very old. You either have to cannibalize one that has more serious problems or replace the phone. It's also possible that the problem is not the display itself.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Bilcor Offline OP
OP Offline
Hal,
The phone that I need the display on is a newer Euro style 18D. The display is cracked.

Billy

I just save the defective phones I take back and use them for parts.

I normally won't repair phones for customers other than those that are otherwise in good shape, "running them through the dishwasher" when stuff gets spilled on them. That entails complete disassembly, cleaning of the buttons and plastics and reassembly then hitting everything with phone polish. Nothing gets replaced (other than the handset cord and the desi cover if needed) and we make about the same as what we would on a new phone sale.

If something like a display or the plastics are damaged and the customer can't live with it I sell them a new phone. As far as I'm concerned they broke it, buy a new one. They are not repairable so learn to be more careful.

The working phones I do put together from parts are either used here at the shop or in donated systems to places like churches.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 107 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024