web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a Partner ACS R7 phone system installed at a site. Occasionally when we are talking to a customer our employee will hear ringing in their ear and the customer will be dropped and another person is on the line. We have 6 POTS lines connected to the system. We have had the Telco (AT&T) our several times and they keep saying it is our equipment. So could it be the R7? How does a person not trying to call our Store get connected by seizing a line that has a call in progress in it.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Is the problem isolated to a particular telephone line? Can you duplicate the problem by plugging a single line telephone into the demarc and making a slew of test calls?

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have saw the same problem you are having and it was a bad channel bank.
But you will need to trouble shoot and have your facts together when you call the service provider.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Agreed. I don't see it as a problem with your system. This is something that you will have to fight with your service provider over and it would help if you can duplicate the problem with a buttset connected to the demarc. That way your equipment is out of the picture and they can't finger point.

Good luck!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
2 cents on this
You say You have 6 Lines,What is the Other card in the system ? If it is a 206 card, they can generate Ringing in your ear on an inbound call..The 206 power supply failed

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I know what your talking about vance.
206's are bad for crosstalk.
But I have never had a 206 that would go from one conversation on a particular line to another line in mid conversation.

www.regal-comm.com
pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a 509ACS, 308EC, 400, SM VM (4box), & RAC Card.
These calls happen so randomly, once every couple weeks to a couple a day, that is it hard to capture or duplicate them since the people that barge into the call are not willing to tell us the information of who they were originially trying to call and give us the phone numbers.

We have talked to the Telco and they keep saying it is our equipment which we have replaced and rewired to the DMARC in the building. Thought thier might be a crossed pair somewhere.

It also does not happen to just one phone number at our site.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
It really can't be your equip. causing this.

I would probably start by hooking a logger up to the SMDR port and have the customer log when it happens, what line, the number the inbound person was dialing ect. Then pool your facts together and have a vendor meet at the location in question.

www.regal-comm.com
How does a person not trying to call our Store get connected...

It's not your system, end of story. It has to be a problem with your service provider.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (mongo5150, Curlycord, JBean3329), 109 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024