web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95977 01/11/10 07:30 AM
Chris D Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having a weird issue on an ACS R7. When I assign #310 (auto cover to vm) for any extension and it is in DND, it will not cover to voice mail. However, when I unassign an extension, it will cover to vm when in DND and on a no answer. Bottom line is it is functioning the way that we want it without assigning auto vms cover. Anyone seen this? The rev is R7.0 91E

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I'm thinking that release had some DND issues.
I would flash the R.7 up to at least a "K" or "0".

Oh, and I forgot to ask, which mail are you using?
If it is a PM VS R.5, you will need to flash the VM, there is a know issue and the PM VS R.5 will need to be flashed if you are going to use DND.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Chris D Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick reply!
As it turns out, my customer is using a Partner Mail VS R5.016. Since calls are routing properly using DND and on a no answer even though #310 is not assigned, is there anything that I should be concerned with that I may be overlooking?

The R7 "E" release had problems I believe related to losing programming. There had been so many bugs and fixes that created new bugs that it's hard to keep track. Apparently you may have uncovered another problem but that's really a moot point. Bottom line is that any pre "K" release should be replaced or upgraded to at least an R7 "K" to assure reliable operation. The "O" was only available on factory units. Of course the R8 is the current release.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Chris D Offline OP
OP Offline
I just want to be sure that we upgrade the correct thing. If I am understanding correctly from Michael Daniel, my issue with DND not working via auto attendant is related to the Partner Mail VS R5 needing a flash upgrade. Am I also then needing to upgrade the ACS processor?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
There is a know issue with using ACS R.7 with a PM VS R.5 with DND and from my memory I am pretty sure there was some issues with DND on the "E" and earlier ACS R.7's.
If I was the tech on-site I would flash both the ACS and PM VS R.5.

If you need help with this, fell free to PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Without the Auto VMS Coverage programmed, you will find that an Intercom call and a call transferred from an extension will not cover to voice mail. Calls from the Auto Attendant WILL.

These transfers from the Auto Attendant are actually transfer returns from the unanswered extension, to the voice mail port extension that transferred it. They are coming with mode codes, and the voice mail is able to interpet and route to the mailbox.

With the Auto VMS turned on, the mode codes are different, and the DND transfers will hit the "Transferring to Operator" recording.

Bottom line, follow Mike's advice, and flash both the Processor and Voice Mail.

my issue with DND not working via auto attendant is related to the Partner Mail VS R5 needing a flash upgrade.

Who knows. Your problem is not something that any of us has seen. The known Partner Mail R5/DND issue is that an extension in DND will get transferred to extension 10 instead of it's mailbox. If extension 10 itself is in DND there will be an endless loop. This problem is not just restricted to the ACS R7 and R8 with a Partner Mail VS R5 or older. The same thing will happen with an older R6 if it has had the DST patch and you use it with an PMVS R5 or older.

So what I'm trying to say is that your problem doesn't sound like this one. So whether it's caused by a bug in the ACS R7E can only be answered by an upgrade. Certainly I would patch or preferably replace the PMVSR5.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Chris D Offline OP
OP Offline
I really appreciate everyones input and expertise. Now can anyone tell me the part numbers of each flash card to upgrade the ACS R7 and the Partner Mail VS R5?

Chris D Offline OP
OP Offline
ok I found the patch upgrade card for the ACS but what about the process to upgrade the Partner Mail VS R5?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024