Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#97213 05/19/10 02:20 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, I have one magix in NY and one in NJ. The PRI and the audix are in the NY office. They recently relocated the NY office and changed the P2P circuit to an MPLS circuit. My company also installed cisco routers on both ends to support the MPLS circuit. Inbound and outbound calling from both sites work. Internal calling between both sites work. However there is a problem with the voicemail. All NJ users do not receive Message Waiting Indication. Also, some NJ users when there DID or ext is called you hear this message; "The person you've called is not available. To leave a message use touch tone to re-enter the number you've called." When you re-enter the number you hear the persons greeting. The NJ users can access the voicemail system and retrieve their messages. When I check the permanent errors on the NY magix there is an error 0C04 MWL FAC TIMEOUT. When I check the transient errors there is an error 0C05 MWL Delivery Delay. No programming changes were made to either magix or the audix. My network guys are looking into the routers today. They have told me that the PRI protocols need to be changed to QSIG.
Can anyone please tell me if I have overlooked something? Also, are there any changes I might have to make to the audix? At this time I don't know what release the magix or the audix is. But, I will be at the NY site this afternoon.
Thanks,
Brian

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#97214 05/19/10 09:05 PM
What they overlooked is that those circuits should be emulating a straight T1 and not PRI. Yes, Magix programming would lead you to believe that a PRI is involved--and it is, only it's a proprietary flavor. QSIG is an ISO standard, but I'm sure that won't do it. The best way to transport all the needed data from end-to-end is via a straight, 24-channel T1.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#97215 05/21/10 01:39 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I finally got an answer from somebody. I've posted this same question on another forum and no one responded. So I need to reprogram the main site magix AND the remote site magix as a straight 24 channel T1? Also, the cisco gateways should be kept as QSIG or 5ESS?
Thanks again,
Brian

#97216 05/25/10 04:55 PM
Dagwood,
I'm a little confused; are you saying the Magix should be configured for a straight through T1 or should the router? Currently the only way we can communicate between the two is with both Magix set for PRI and switch type as Merlin-PBX and cisco router set with PRI and switch type as 5ESS. The only thing not working is MWI.
This was working before as P2P T1 and just Adtrans connecting to the 100DCD and there was no changes made to the pbx's so I am guessing it must be something with the routers not passing some info.
Any insight would be great if you have the time.

#97217 05/25/10 09:41 PM
No no no. Leave the Magix programming as it is...especially if it was working before.

If you're going to replace or otherwise EMULATE the working circuit, then I suggest that you strap it so that it works out to be a bit for bit deal end-to-end.

See, that's the problem with introducing foreign hardware. The designers of said hardware want to somehow define the conditions, protocol, bits and crap that the emulated circuit is going to deliver. Those thoughts need to be abandoned.

It worked with Adtran? Not a surprise. Adtran boys started that company after a frustrating round with Motorola. In fact, they literally started the company across the street from Motorola, just to be "in your face" about it. Adtran knows a little something about circuit emulation. Cisco does too if the right guy is at the helm!

You're suspicions are dead nuts The problem is that the proprietary D-Channel data (like MWL) is being contaminated with standards that are imposed by the external hardware.

Tell them this: What I want you to do is emulate a "vanilla" T1 end-to-end...no tricks. Can you do that?

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
#97218 05/26/10 04:41 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Dagwood, Mike and I are coworkers. Just a little history here, the two magix's are leased from avaya and were originally installed by avaya. The customer only has hardware maintenence contract through avaya. Avaya were the ones who installed the adtrans.
Thanks again for all your help. We will be contacting the provider and will give an update as soon we hear from them.
Brian

#97219 06/14/10 01:02 AM
BT123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Update.
Still waiting on the customer to allow us to program the routers. This will take down both phone systems so we want to do it after hours. I'll check back with any resolution once we complete the programming.
Brian

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,643 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, Toner), 129 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024