web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
A client has a Partner Mail R3 (manufactured 1997). I took a look inside this and it is a PC with a hard drive. Also there is a real-time-clock chip (RTC)on the motherboard. I did not see any jumpers at all.

Questions:
1. Is there any jumper on the motherboard?

2. Exactly what kind of motherboard is this, what processor does it use, and what operating system is it running?

3. I assume the RTC chip also contains a battery. Is that correct? After 14 years it is probably dead. What happens to the voicemail system when this battery goes dead?

4. Can you pry the RTC chip out of its socket and replace it, or is it soldered in.

5. Will removing the RTC chip erase the sysadmin password? Will this cause a loss of setup information or otherwise screw up the system?

6. How can I reset the Partner Mail 4.3 admin password or reset the entire system to factory settings?

7. Is it possible to insert a video card or hook up a terminal to a serial port, and see and modify the system? This Partner Mail R.3 has a modem attached to a serial port, so it would seem that you can. Do you need a special admin program for this?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
PM sent to Butch.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
In all my years in this business I have NEVER, EVER seen anything in the way of service documentation, schematics or even a block diagram for ANY equipment made by ANY manufacturer since the 1A2. They just don't exist outside of the manufacturer's vault.

Which just confirms my opinion that all refurbishers and repair facilities are a bunch of crap because there is no way that they can do much more than simple repairs without documentation.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,345 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 138 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024