web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
One of my techs called in this morning and was having issues assigning a trunk port as MOH on a Magix..

we both confirmed that the trunk wasn't assigned to any phone, not part of a pool, was set for LS, and is in fact on an 800 GS/LS card..

system completely idle

We also checked to make sure that there wasn't another line assigned as the port...
if you print up the database, is says MOH port..blank

We can't get any LS trunk to take as MOH, which would typically happen if it was already assigned.

I am starting to think that there is a processer issue, but I figured I would just run this buy someone to see if their memory is jogged.

Typically Magix with PRI... the only thing out of the ordinary is the orignal installing company put two 800 cards in slots 1 and 2, then a 024 card. They should have done it the other way around, and I am not sure why they didn't, but the system has not had any apparent issues until we attempted to assign MOH..

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

magix will not recognize a 800 GS/lS ,you need a 800 ICLID GS/Ls , module

z-mam, you are possibly trying to mark a trunk that defaulted or is programmed as a member of a trunk pool...mel

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
Tell me what you mean by "having issues"! The flavor of card is not an problem, nor will the software allow any sort of conflict between MOH port and pools, private lines or whatnot. The switch will NOT let you do any of that other junk if you take that line port down the MOH road.

The processor is not the problem. End of story.

If I had to guess, I'd say that somebody didn't do a board renumber. If anything, that's why the processor is "confused" about what port is the real MOH.

If you get stuck, I'm only happy to dial in and fix this up. I assure you that whatever it is, is a VERY solvable problem.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
having issues means it wont accept the MOH programming. I have not been out on site myself, but my technician has been doing Legend/Magix since it was born.

I do like your suggestion about the board renumber. Having not been the original installing company (we recently just took over the account about a year ago), there is no telling what the previous company did. They could have very well swapped a couple wrong boards. I will have to see what they show up as in inventory.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
I never suspect the Processor. Only seen 1 or 2 EVER in the years these things have been around. Of course, back in the VERY EARLY DAYS, we we didn't have the Diags we do now, replacing the Processor fixed a lot of things 'cause a new one didn't allow problems to be inherited.

When you did your Print of SYSTEM SET UP, did it by chance show a PAGING PORT?

That's another thing that can keep it from working as well.

Just a thought....

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have seen corrupt programming a couple of times. It prevented me from properly programming a PRI setup. It acts like the port is already assigned since it won't accept any trunk assignment, but in SPM and also if we do a print out is shows blank for MOH port.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Corrupt translations, YES, defective processor, NOT SO MUCH.

You mentioned MOH Port, my question was about the PAGING Port.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I will have to ask my tech when he goes back out Monday. What is the deal with the paging port? are you thinking that the trunk might be assigned as a paging port? He tried several vacant ports on the card, but that doesn't mean someone could not have assigned those lines to that. I wish there was a way to see if anyone assigned the lines as personal lines to a group of phones that are no longer used.

Z-man
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If you have remote assess, start a "Print All", and when it's done, do a search for the lone number you're trying to use. Somewhere, it's assigned to a phone or a pool or a group that's preventing you from assigning as MOH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 107 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024