atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ted Removing vm prompts on Summit - 11/25/19 12:02 AM
I know with the STS we could delete various prompts that annoyed the customer but I can't find anywhere to do that on the Summit. My prompt to delete comes on after user greeting. It says something like ( after recording you may hang up or press the star key for more options). Anyone have any ideas?
tk
Posted By: Derrick Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 11/26/19 07:40 PM
Which prompts in particular?
Posted By: Ted Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 11/26/19 09:22 PM
Hi Derrick, as much as I can figure out, the Summit documentation doesn't provide the prompt number like the STS. As I mentioned in my post the prompt in question is the prompt just after the user greeting and seems to be part of the beep prompt. I asked tech support and they said it wasn't possible. But I'm pretty sure there is a back door somewhere. They just don't want folks like me messing up the voice mail. It's a new customer and she hates the prompt.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/03/19 04:43 PM
I don't remember there being a back door for the Summit, other than the flush box messages option, which I used once and caused myself a bunch of trouble, it erased all active prompts and messages. I don't have the latest version of the OWA software to check on this for you, but if tech support advises against it, I would take that advice.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/05/19 12:19 PM
I seem to recall that this function was only available with a serial connection to the KSU at 38,400 baud. Derrick, you likely know the customer!
Posted By: adteldon Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/05/19 03:27 PM
I am pretty sure that you would simply record a second of silence over the prompt. For example,the same way you would record the day prompt "001", you would have to record over the system prompt which I don't remember what # it was. It was something in the 200's. If I find it, I will post it.
Posted By: Ted Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/06/19 09:56 PM
Hi adteldon, I wish I could do that. The vs5000 Summit that I'm working on only has 202 system greetings to choose from,. When I dial 203, I just get a busy.For whatever reason I have two customer that are picky about this prompt. It really is the same prompt that Verizon has on all it cell phone voice mails. but whatever, I would like to get rid of it.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/09/19 07:20 PM
Hey Ted,
I am sorry but my memory fails me as far as which greeting it is. I was originally thinking it was in the 200's, but I have been known to be wrong. It could be similar to the old vodavi greetings like 096 or 106, or... I put in a ticket with Vertical to get the answers because I need to know as well. I will post them here once they respond. I wouldn't go around recording over anything until you know for sure though. It could cause major issues.
Posted By: Ted Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/09/19 07:52 PM
Been there. Done that. I'll wait.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Removing vm prompts on Summit - 12/11/19 08:58 PM
Ted, I will send you a PM with the fix as I don't think it should be made available to the general public.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help