web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
I know with the STS we could delete various prompts that annoyed the customer but I can't find anywhere to do that on the Summit. My prompt to delete comes on after user greeting. It says something like ( after recording you may hang up or press the star key for more options). Anyone have any ideas?
tk

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Which prompts in particular?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Derrick, as much as I can figure out, the Summit documentation doesn't provide the prompt number like the STS. As I mentioned in my post the prompt in question is the prompt just after the user greeting and seems to be part of the beep prompt. I asked tech support and they said it wasn't possible. But I'm pretty sure there is a back door somewhere. They just don't want folks like me messing up the voice mail. It's a new customer and she hates the prompt.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I don't remember there being a back door for the Summit, other than the flush box messages option, which I used once and caused myself a bunch of trouble, it erased all active prompts and messages. I don't have the latest version of the OWA software to check on this for you, but if tech support advises against it, I would take that advice.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I seem to recall that this function was only available with a serial connection to the KSU at 38,400 baud. Derrick, you likely know the customer!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I am pretty sure that you would simply record a second of silence over the prompt. For example,the same way you would record the day prompt "001", you would have to record over the system prompt which I don't remember what # it was. It was something in the 200's. If I find it, I will post it.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi adteldon, I wish I could do that. The vs5000 Summit that I'm working on only has 202 system greetings to choose from,. When I dial 203, I just get a busy.For whatever reason I have two customer that are picky about this prompt. It really is the same prompt that Verizon has on all it cell phone voice mails. but whatever, I would like to get rid of it.

Hey Ted,
I am sorry but my memory fails me as far as which greeting it is. I was originally thinking it was in the 200's, but I have been known to be wrong. It could be similar to the old vodavi greetings like 096 or 106, or... I put in a ticket with Vertical to get the answers because I need to know as well. I will post them here once they respond. I wouldn't go around recording over anything until you know for sure though. It could cause major issues.

Ted Offline OP
OP Offline
Been there. Done that. I'll wait.

Ted, I will send you a PM with the fix as I don't think it should be made available to the general public.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024