Heh? Wat'd ya say?

Man, Ken, we are aging by the minute! The 564/2564's made by ITT stayed with common grounds on lamps all the way to their end even though the Bell companies ditched them for 565/2565's across the board to standardize years earlier.

Really, the only reason for the 565/2565 was to incorporate the modified dial and the extra line cord conductors to support the 4A speakerphone. I think the only reason they separated the grounds on the 565/2565 was just a "why not make use of the extra pairs and stop paying for blown fuses on lamp reversals at the same time"! The 565/2565 had an 18 pair (yes, the yellow/blue and yellow/green pairs were skipped) line cord while the station cables were 25 pair. It didn't make any sense to come up with a 21 pair cable to accommodate the speakerphone, so they went with the obvious solution. I sure used a lot of those violet pairs!

You might be older'n me, but you ain't gonna outwit me on this'un!

By the way, I'll bet that 1A2 you are taking out was on that wall a whole lot longer than anything that replaces it will be! Agree? Shhh: Don't answer in front of the customer.

Now, let's go hit the front porch and take another nap...............

:sleep: :sleep:

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX