Hello All-

I'm requesting advice regarding the proper way to connect to the KSU. About me, I'm definitely a "newby" and have a totally separate career, although telephony has always been my first love. As I stated in my previous post, I truly want to learn the correct, proven ways and thus have been a student of the Bell practices. Correct installation and terminology are important to me. I've learned much from this forum; I thank you for that.

Here is what I would like to do, so I'm asking you pros the best and correct way to complete the task.

I'm going to install a Partner system into a friends office. Right now, the CO pairs and station pairs are terminated onto separate 66 blocks. The KSU has 8P8C ports for both the CO and stations.

If you would be so kind, what would be the best way to connect? My thought is to get 2-pair solid, crimp a 8P8C modular plug on one end and then punch the other end onto the 66 block (the CO ports need just one pair, so I would wrap the extra pair back at the 66 block). Of course, another option would be to remove the 66 blocks, replace them with patch panels, and then patch between the panels and the KSU.

I would prefer to use the 66 blocks because that is the Bell standard, I believe, and I see no benefit to not using 66 blocks.

So, how would you pros handle this? Any help is VERY much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by InstallPhones; 01/29/15 12:51 AM.