In the Bell days it was still 1A2 and comkey. They would have wired the ksu to its own block(s) and used crossconnect wire between the KSU block(s) and station blocks, and ksu block(s) and CO block. In other words, what Dex said. There are many ways to connect a Partner, some better than others. Just as long as it isn't a mess of biscuit jacks and silver satin cords, you'll probably be in good shape. If you have way too much time on your hands you could do what I did. I custom made my own "octopus" cables out of 25 pair and a lot of heat shrink. Each leg is the right length so there isn't a bunch of ugly slack wadded up at the KSU. This is a common problem with off the shelf octopus cables. The other end of the 25 pair is cut down on a 66 block and cross connected as mentioned above. I was kind of time consuming, but it's also in my house, so appearance matters to me. I also have a 1A2 system, wired much the same way. The difference there is the KSU has an internal 66 block so it's much easier to make a neat install. I do like the idea of a patch panel on the station side, just be sure to use some kind of cable management or all those patch cords can look hideous in a hurry. Especially if you have a fair number of stations. If it's a small office, it wouldn't be too bad. Some simple velcro ties on the cables would have things tidy. Best of luck, and Welcome!