This is a follow up to a previous topic. I have a KXTD 1232a (that's what shows up on my laptop when I log in with my laptop. My problem is somewhere in the timing. In the tvs I have the cfwd set for 30 seconds. In the kxtd I have the transfer recall timer set for 12 rings. It seems the tvs takes precedence. The problem is that there are only 7 mailboxes being used. All the other calls should keep on ringing (i.e. depatrments should have somebody picking up and not going to voicemail.) I've also tried setting up the cfwd/dnd section in the kxtd and then resetting the system as it says but it does not change the screen. And is there a way to have a call from the outside to go directly to a mailbox instead of getting the generic "That extension does not answer. To leave a message etc." I spent all day saturday playing with timers in both systems and as I do a test it seems to work and then it doesn't. It's like I have to sneak up on it. With other techs help I've managed to get both a vodavi and an iwatsu system programmed to the delight of my new customers, even though I've never worked on them before. I've been in the business over 40 years and have worked on DBS, Mitel, AVAYA, etc. But this has me stumped. Thanks in advance. JD