I've given the unit another factory reset xx xxxxxxx XXXXXX xxx xxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxx. The second status LED that I was expecting to stay on now no longer comes on! The unit just blinks the first green LED now. However, it still thinks it's got a VoIP daughter board installed. Just when I thought I was starting to understand...

I always prided myself on being pretty resourceful when it comes to working out something like this without any formal training, but this is proving to be a pain!

My situation is that the system was originally purchased and installed by an NEC reseller. My client was very unhappy with the reseller's service so they cancelled the contract. They asked me if I would be in a position to help them out and I said I'd be willing to take a look. I called NEC and asked them for copies of the documentation, which they wouldn't give me. Apparently they have an agreement with their resellers meaning they can't give any documentation to end users! I was hoping I'd be able to help my client avoid having to enter into another costly maintenance agreement, but it's not looking promising. No thanks to NEC!

I managed to find copies of the Hardware and Programming manuals by digging around on Google. However I can't get my hands on a copy of PCPro, which is frustrating. Again, NEC couldn't help me.