LN:
If this is a Nitsuko system--as Coral Tech asks--"What system?". Do you have a manual for this system? Your topic is "basics of punching down wires." Welllllll---that is what I do on a Saturday with my Grandkids --I let them do the basics of punching down wires. They even have their own punch down tool and tool belt. They have learned to do it pretty good----but it's a far cry from knowing WHERE & WHAT to punch down. Especiall on a live system. Help us help you. Give us some information. If the system is a Nitsuko, this topic should be in the Nitsuko/Tie section. Also---when you make the correct connections with the correct wires/jumpers etc.---that doesn't mean the phone will do what you want it to do--so some programming might have to be done. If you are going to be the one to work on this system, I would suggest clicking on the "Manuals" link on this site and get a manual. I & my techs never work alone on a system unless we are familiar with it. If you don't have a manual, no wonder you are frustrated. Good Luck.