I acquired a Comdial DSU II with Comdial Keyvoice Small Office Lite System voice mail. This system was originally installed around 1998 just to give you the age of the system. I've setup everything myself using the DSU II installation manual, but I need some help with the auto attendant feature. I've setup everything with a Impact 8324SJ-FB phone, I didn't hook a laptop to the keyvoice PC.

With the current setup the auto attendant answers, but only when the system is placed in night transfer mode, ITCM *#03, then 1 to enable. The routing box 800 message is played when the phone answers. What I would like is to have the auto attendant answer after a certain number if rings even in day mode. If I login to the supervisor mailbox 70 and go to the supervisor menu then press 6 to change day/night service, it doesn't seem to have any effect, only setting night transfer mode as described above works to set auto answer on. I think I may need to go into option 9 and modify system parameters and set parameter 1003 and 1004 which control the number of rings before the call is answered. Is this correct? If that is what I need, then I also need the "database" password that I am prompted for when selecting to change system parameters. I don't know the password, the manual says the default is XXXXXXX but that doesn't work and the company I got this unit from doesn't know what the password is. I do have a diskette that has a backup of the system on it, will the password be on that disk in a plan text format?

Please read the forum rules about the posting of passwords..even default in the open forums. This is a security precaution.