web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#44174 10/05/11 08:50 AM
skyloc Offline OP
OP Offline
I acquired a Comdial DSU II with Comdial Keyvoice Small Office Lite System voice mail. This system was originally installed around 1998 just to give you the age of the system. I've setup everything myself using the DSU II installation manual, but I need some help with the auto attendant feature. I've setup everything with a Impact 8324SJ-FB phone, I didn't hook a laptop to the keyvoice PC.

With the current setup the auto attendant answers, but only when the system is placed in night transfer mode, ITCM *#03, then 1 to enable. The routing box 800 message is played when the phone answers. What I would like is to have the auto attendant answer after a certain number if rings even in day mode. If I login to the supervisor mailbox 70 and go to the supervisor menu then press 6 to change day/night service, it doesn't seem to have any effect, only setting night transfer mode as described above works to set auto answer on. I think I may need to go into option 9 and modify system parameters and set parameter 1003 and 1004 which control the number of rings before the call is answered. Is this correct? If that is what I need, then I also need the "database" password that I am prompted for when selecting to change system parameters. I don't know the password, the manual says the default is XXXXXXX but that doesn't work and the company I got this unit from doesn't know what the password is. I do have a diskette that has a backup of the system on it, will the password be on that disk in a plan text format?

Please read the forum rules about the posting of passwords..even default in the open forums. This is a security precaution.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#44175 10/05/11 09:33 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
The vm answers right away when your DSU is in the night mode so leave the vm alone. Program the lead vm port for delay ring/ answer on the lines you want answered.

#44176 10/05/11 09:48 AM
skyloc Offline OP
OP Offline
Is the lead voice mail port set according to section 3.14.1 in the DSU manual, Dial 53, 32 from config mode? Since it's already answering in night mode it must have already had a port set, how do I find the port number that is set as the voice mail port since I'll need that number to program the delay ring answer.

#44177 10/05/11 11:16 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Ports/ext are probably the same. The VM is connected to which ports? They're numbered on the side of the KSU.

#44178 10/05/11 11:53 AM
Trace the stations going into the vm back to the dsu block, find the amphenol cable that it's on, and deduce from that which ports are setup for the VM ports. As was said, you will need to put them on a delayed ring during the day to achieve what you want. So you have the phones ringing that you want then on the delay you put whatever ports the vm are 48/49 whatever they may be. The line information and business hours in the vm will determine what greeting plays...don't need to put the vm into day or night mode.

#44179 10/05/11 11:54 AM
skyloc Offline OP
OP Offline
For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?

#44180 10/05/11 07:51 PM
Originally posted by skyloc:
For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?
Yes. Back up the contents of C:\VM\M (or applicable message storage location), also back up any present license files like lines.txt and switches.txt. Then wipe keyvoice off the system, reinstall, restore the mentioned files, run first time setup, recreate the mailboxes and finally run msgaudit...really something for a technician to do. It helps to have working knowledge and experience for this, not to mention the installation disks. If there's an alternate way, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
#44181 10/06/11 12:55 AM
skyloc Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hacky:
Originally posted by skyloc:
[b] For future reference in case I want to change some of the VM system parameters, is there anyway to reset the database password?
Yes. Back up the contents of C:\VM\M (or applicable message storage location), also back up any present license files like lines.txt and switches.txt. Then wipe keyvoice off the system, reinstall, restore the mentioned files, run first time setup, recreate the mailboxes and finally run msgaudit...really something for a technician to do. It helps to have working knowledge and experience for this, not to mention the installation disks. If there's an alternate way, I'm sure someone will chime in. [/b]
Where can I get the installation disks and a manual. I believe this is a DOS based system, it's been a while since I've used DOS (I've been a Linux system admin for the last 16 years) but it's like riding a bike wink .

#44182 10/06/11 03:44 AM
skyloc Offline OP
OP Offline
I found the voice mail ports there are three 39,40,41. I tried assigning call forward on ring no answer - config mode 53 - 21 and set it to forward to the VM ports, I set it to 4 rings but it's not forwarding to the VM ports. I can get it to forward to the VM if I set the ringing for automatic attendant to delayed ringing, config mode 54 - 2, but this answers after 3 rings. Is there a way to change the number of rings?

#44183 10/06/11 05:19 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
CFNA and RNA only work when calls are transferred to the station not with incoming CO lines. If your VM answers immediate when calling ext-39 then you need to adjust the delay ring time on the DSU. Its at default, 18 seconds, right now and its in the manual!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 127 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024