Guarantee you the coax is for the "internet from the cable company". I had the same thing happen to me when one of my customers moved to a new office. They told me the landlord was a retired AT&T guy who had wired the office for them. He flat out told me that was for the internet... when i explained that they would need a modem (and a separate account) at each of their 10 locations he was dumfounded... we ran cat 5 and all was good.

I am with you on this stuff Arthur... get the knucklehead who didn't do it right to come back in and fix it.

I just had a small job for a new vet that was opening... he told me the electrician was doing the wiring .. when i met him onsite the electrician told me they were roughing the cables in and that was it. I explained all of the potential pitfalls and then explained that my price to rought the cables in wouldn't be too much different anyway so why not have one vendor do it all.

The electrician was happy he didn't have to do it.. he was only doing it to keep the GC happy. The GC just couldn't comprehend that roughing the wires in was only half the job... there was just as much time (and expense) dressing everything in and terminating it.