Arthur,I feel your pain.

I ran into the same thing the other day.Customer asked me to come out and terminate. Got out there and found out the sparky ran the cables because he was on site and could do it cheaper.He saw that Comcast had installed there modem at the backboard so off he went and ran RG6 coax to each location and told my customer that's what he had to use for the network if they were using comcast and that he didn't have the tools to terminate them to a patch panel LMAO and needed to get his phone guy to come in and do it, now the sad part of this story is that the customer has seen me over the years put in voice and data so he damn well knows what the cable looks like but still went ahead and let the idiot do it because of the cost savings. What did he save??? nothing it's costing him 3 times as much then if he would have just called me in the first place because he didn't even address the voice cables.

All I could do is give them a price to rerun the entire job.

Last I heard they are fighting with the sparky and I'll be damned if I'll go out there and tell him how and what to do!!!

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]