Originally posted by thor2k:
CnGRacin: Are you referring to channel bank cards that would be installed at the RT? I was told that "fiber" comes from the CO to the RT, and that the former is just that and the latter (RT) is not "configurable". I have tracked down some docs on the Liteview admin software that references POTS service, but nothing on any "sub-options".

Plus, is there a place to search as to whether the culprit is the POTS/UVG/EUVG cards you mention?

Thanks for the clue . . . need to have a more precise bit of data to get back to the NE here.

Jay
Yes, I was referring to the cards installed in the RT… But keep in mind, if the RT is NOT GR-303 fed the cards need to be paired together.

It’s not likely you’ll find much in the way of technical specifications for the cards themselves on the web.

Originally posted by hbiss:
I think you are losing track of the fact that you are a customer and none of this equipment belongs to you. While it's well to seek opinions from forums like this and our experts, it's not your business to tell your service provider how to handle their equipment any more than I would want my customers telling me how to do my job. Unfortunately the internet can sometimes provide the little bit of information that can make some people dangerious- or in this case very annoying.

You would be better served if you focused your efforts where they should be, putting pressure through the proper channels on your service provider to get them to resolve the problem. Either that or with your feet by finding another way to have your service supplied.

-Hal
Hal, true statements but in this case it seems Jay (the OP) has the ear of an interested party in the Network Engineer. No, not his business to tell the Telco what type of card he should be provisioned on, it seems useful in this case for him to say, “hey Network Engineer, can you put me to another type of pair-gain card.”

Originally posted by thor2k:
Here, we are all fiber up to a Litespan remote
terminal (allegedly). The network manager (AT&T)
say there is no way to provision the lines
differently and is stumped.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)